Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Weekly-Wrap Up (28): I'm really abusing 'weekly' at this point.

Yes, I am posting this on a Tuesday. Yes, I'm aware this isn't quite a "weekly" thing right now. And yes, I know I'm severely behind on everything to do with this blog. But I wanted to share all the awesome that's come through my house lately!
I have plenty of excuses for you, but nothing new. Work, trying to get my life in shape, a new boy that's making me all fluttery and in denial, and I'm gearing up for summer. I'm sad to say I will not be at ALA this year, travel plans and companions fell through :( Super bummed, but will definitely be at next year's!

In case you missed it...
Coming up...
A petite revue of Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas; full reviews of Right of Way by Lauren Barnholdt and September Girls by Bennett Madison; and I'll finally get around to putting up a giveaway to celebrate having 1000+ GFC followers!

Onto the books!
In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren
Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews
The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer

Seeing as how the last time I did a wrap-up was the beginning of MAY, this seems like a lot - but keep in mind this was for 5 weeks! I find it fascinating to see how many books enter my house in a month...
(and please forgive the no-linking, my connection at this Starbucks sucks and there's a LOT of titles here...they're all available on GoodReads though if you search!)
Purchased
Smart Girls Get What They Want by Sarah Strohmeyer
Golden by Jessi Kirby for her signing
The Program by Suzanne Young for her signing
The Book of Broken Hearts by Sarah Ockler for her signing
The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey

Traded/Gifted
False Sight (False Memory #2) by Dan Krokos - thanks Cindy!
The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater - thanks Ems!
And thanks so much Jasmine for:
Taken by Erin Bowman
Story's End by Elizabeth Burt
Crash and Burn by Michael Hassan

Library
The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau Banks by E. Lockhart
Sushi For Beginners by Marian Keyes
The Evolution of Mara Dyer (The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer #2) by Michelle Hodkin

ARC Tours
From Around the World ARC Tours:
The Theory of Everything by Kari Luna
Reality Boy by AS King
Severed Heads, Broken Hearts by Robyn Schneider (not pictured)
The Distance Between Us by Kasie West
The Chaos of Stars by Kiersten White
Heartbeat by Elizabeth Scott
45 Pounds (More of Less) by KA Barson
The Vow by Jessica Martinez
From DAC ARC Tours:
Parallel by Lauren Miller

For Review
When You Were Here by Daisy Whitney, from her PR team (thank you, KP!)
Disneylanders by Kate Abbott, from author (thank you Kate!)
Pilgrims Don't Wear Pink by Stephanie Kate Strohm, from publisher (thank you, HMH!)
Confederates Don't Wear Couture by Stephanie Kate Strohm, from publisher (thank you, HMH!)
The Caged Graves by Dianne Salerni, from publisher (thank you, HMH!)
NetGalley
A Really Awesome Mess by Trish Cook and Brendan Halpin
Sisterland: A Novel by Curtis Sittenfeld (SO EXCITED!!)
Where the Stars Still Shine by Trish Doller (SO EXCITED STILL!!)
Starry Nights by Daisy Whitney (SO EXCITING!!) 
And the one I've been coveting...
Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass #2) by Sarah J. Maas (!!!!!)
Thanks so much Bloomsbury, Random House, and Egmont!

What books came into your possession recently?
Leave your link and I'll hop by!

9 comments:

  1. Um, I don't even know where to begin! SO MUCH awesomeness all in one post. I've heard only stunning things about The Program thus far, so I'm super excited to get my hands on a copy of that one. Same goes for The Distance Between Us! I'm also dying for Where the Starts Still Shine- I'm totally in love with that cover as well. Also, it seems like you get a lot of love from Around the World ARC Tours! I've been meaning to sign up, but am unsure if I can handle it when school starts up... Nonetheless, I'm really curious to see what you think about Chaos of the Stars.

    Lovely haul, and happy reading! <3

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! I'm going to read A Really Awesome Mess too. And I NEED to read Mara Dyer #2 like pronto! I read the first one a while ago and it's starting to bother me that I haven't read it yet. Where the Stars Still Shine looks really good as does The Book of Broken Hearts. And I am obsessed with the new cover of Smart Girls... so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DUDE.... And I feel EXACTLY this way... I looked at my BEA books and about had a panic attack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every weekend i used to go to see this website, because i
    wish for enjoyment, for the reason that this this web page conations genuinely fastidious funny material too.



    Also visit my web page: http://www.iamsport.org/pg/blog/sundraw5/read/15950535/pilate-classes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gender-bending has often been Gaultier's phone card. Shelter would later provide his imprint Wildstorm to DC, even he remains magazine director. Long big boy pants is made including materials that were able to inhale and. The specific award was presented to him during each of our British Fashion Honors ceremony. http://c88art.info/userinfo.php?uid=4365

    ReplyDelete
  6. you've got a great list of books!! looking forwards to your reviews!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, amazing haul this week! I've heard some really great things about Taken. I really hope that you enjoy everything that you've gotten. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just finished reading Erak's Ransom. Loved it!

    If you are still looking for books, my 13-year-old son and I co-authored our own. Here's the links:

    https://www.createspace.com/4190049
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/0989098605

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!