Saturday, February 1, 2014

Life of A Blogger: Music Love!

A weekly feature about our lives outside of blogging!

I've been seeing this meme for awhile and thought it would be fun to integrate since I don't talk too much about my personal life here. They'll hopefully be short, but a good way to get to know the girl behind the blog!

Today's topic is:
Genres of Music
I grew up in the glorious early-2000s, when pop music and boy bands were the height of everything. And yes, *NSYNC FOREVER!! Name any boy band and any song, and I can probably sing you at least the chorus if not all the song. And the rest of the album. And the band's discography.

But the core of me is forever dedicated to R&B, soul, and Motown. I remember the first time I heard a Boyz II Men song, I think I was 7 or 8…and I fell so head over heels in love. I bought every CD they had released, played every song over and over and over (4 Seasons of Loneliness still gets me). And this is how young I was: I skipped I'll Make Love To You because I didn't want my parents to know I listened to songs like that!
I very much credit the Space Jam soundtrack to my love of R&B, because even though I was a bit young at the time I fell deeply in love with the genre (with a special place in my heart for 90's R&B Jamz). Original Usher, K-Ci & Jojo, Monica, Brandy, Dru Hill, Ginuwine, Immature, Jagged Edge, Jill Scott, Keith Sweat, En Vogue, TLC, Maxwell, The Fugees, Montell Jordan, Next, SWV, 112, All-4-One…trust me. If you could body roll or bump 'n grind to it in the 90s, I loved it.


(And in case you're wondering the genres I absolutely cannot stand: dubstep, anything possibly EDM-like, and metal. And I cannot stand the bands Nickelback and Creed, whatever genre into which they fall.)
What music do you love?

5 comments:

  1. IT MAKES ME ALL HAPPY AND FLAILY THAT YOU LOVE NSYNC TOO. I was seriously obsessed with them for a while, and I'll admit that I still kind of am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. N'Sync *boo-hiss* BSB FOREVER! We must be around the same age. I loved the Space Jam soundtrack! I have no idea how many times I have watched the movie. Countless! I listened to a lot of Mary-Kate & Ashley and the Hope Floats soundtrack. LOL "original Usher". Times have changed! I still love TLC & The Fugees. I will be posting my Life As a Blogger post soon, maybe Monday. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, pop and boybands! My absolute favourites were Steps and S Club 7 (I'm not sure how big either of those were outside of the UK? Maybe S Club were a bit...) I was never a boyband person though, more of a pop group fan.

    My taste now is rather different... I love old stuff: classic rock, blues, a bit of country ;) 90s music though... it won't be forgotten! What wonderful nostalgia =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww I love Nickelback and Creed! 😭

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those that are more astute, or more interested, might study psychology or observe those around them to gain further insight into the ‘why' of people's actions and thoughts. In recent years, a more progressive and educated generation has synthesized many disparate types of theory and research and the result is a digestion and cumulative synthesis into a practical ‘roadmap' of understanding.

    Ilchi Lee books

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!