Thursday, December 4, 2014

Feature & Follow Friday (18)

Follow Friday is hosted by Alison Can Read and Parajunkee's View, meant to spotlight blogs and allows bloggers to link up and meet other fabulous bookish friends and share the Following love!

This week's spotlight blogs are Mo_Books and Books Are My Life!

And the question of the week is:
Do you decide in advance what you read for the coming week/month? Why or why not?

Yes and no. (Confusing, I know) Since I do touring ARCs via Around the World Tours, I do have to plan out what to read and when if I know a book is coming or one has arrived. Luckily, I'm all about reading multiple books at once and have no problem with it, so if one pops up I wasn't expecting (either from the publisher, from tour sites, or NetGalley), I can roll with it pretty well.

That all said, I've abandoned this many times, too. It all really depends on the my mood and what I can stomach in terms of genres. Sometimes too many contemporaries in a row skew my reviews, or I start comparing too much if I read 4 dystopians in a row. I usually make a small stack of the ones I know I definitely want to get to in the coming weeks--but I know I'll probably stray far and fast.

If you're wondering, these are some of the books I hope to read this month!


What's your reading plan? Do you keep to it?
Leave me your link and I'll hop by!
And of course I'd love to return a follow if you are kind enough to follow me :)

6 comments:

  1. I'm a mood reader. Sometimes I plan if review books come through but that's it.
    Bloglovin follower.
    Here is my post.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitley agree with you on the planning out! I need to plan if I get ARC's :) but mostly I go by the next book in my TBR or whatever I am in the mood for!
    New Follower via GFC!

    My FFF

    xx Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been able to follow through with TBR unless it did involve ARCs or review books. I'm usually a modd reader! I'm a bloglovin follower.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about having a list or a plan on what you're going to read next, and having other books spontaneously thrown in for pleasure, or what not. Thanks so much for sharing. I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Books are best friend of us so we should read books like this
    professional statement of purpose writers books.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!