Monday, February 8, 2016

Review: The Trouble With Destiny by Lauren Morrill (ARC)

The Trouble With Destiny by Lauren Morrill
Delacorte Press, 272 pages
US Release Date: December 8, 2015
Format/Source: ARC, via NetGalley - thank you!

It’s not about the destination, it’s about the journey... 

With her trusty baton and six insanely organized clipboards, drum major Liza Sanders is about to take Destiny by storm—the boat, that is. When Liza discovered that her beloved band was losing funding, she found Destiny, a luxury cruise ship complete with pools, midnight chocolate buffets, and a $25,000 spring break talent show prize. 

Liza can’t imagine senior year without the band, and nothing will distract her from achieving victory. She’s therefore not interested when her old camp crush, Lenny, shows up on board, looking shockingly hipster-hot. And she’s especially not interested in Russ, the probably-as-dumb-as-he-is-cute prankster jock whose ex, Demi, happens be Liza’s ex–best friend and leader of the Athenas, a show choir that’s the band’s greatest competition.

But it’s not going to be smooth sailing. After the Destiny breaks down, all of Liza’s best-laid plans start to go awry. Liza likes to think of herself as an expert at almost everything, but when it comes to love, she’s about to find herself lost at sea. 
------Goodreads Summary

If you don't know, Lauren Morrill is one of my auto-read authors. Meant To Be was one of my favourite books I'd read in 2012, and every book she's written since has been a delight. The Trouble With Destiny was right up there. MTB will always be Tops, but Lauren does an excellent job creating a unique setting with lovable, enjoyable characters and movement. Are parts predictable? Sure. Did the bitch really surprise me with her bitchiness? Not really. But there's always something to Lauren's writing that makes me feel like I'm hanging out with a close friend. It's warm and receptive and interesting, and I can't wait to see what is coming next.

3.5 stars

14 comments:

  1. Ahhh, dude, I still need to read more of Morrill. MTB blew me away with its awesome (in fact, I need a reread) and I have a feeling I'm going to love the rest of her books. Thanks for this great review to remind me of my Lauren Morrill love. May I never forget again. :D <3

    Sierra @ Yearning to Read
    http://yearningtoread.sierraabrams.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soccer predict tonight, says expert football results, today football tips , UPdate England premier league results the most exactly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow it is really wonderful and awesome thus it is very much useful for me to understand many concepts and helped me a lot. it is really explainable very well and i got more information from your blog.
    Selenium Training

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good information, earlier I dont have much knowledge about it and now Im have better understand about it. Thanks buddy :)
    Selenium training in Chennai |Best Selenium training institute in Chennai

    ReplyDelete



  5. Great... Thank you for sharing.. Visit my website" suc khoe"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for posting this informative article...keep updating your interesting blog..
    BBA Project Center in Chennai | BSC Project Center in Chennai | MSC Project Center in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, your blog is very precious but I belong to Affordable-dissertation-UK
    which is writing company in uk and mostly students are eager to get assignment ,coursework, phd dissertation and dissertation help from it .

    ReplyDelete
  8. I believe there are many more pleasurable opportunities ahead for individuals that looked at your site.
    Azure Training in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing this kind of information. The blog is very valuable and concept is good.

    Java Training in Chennai

    Java Course in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great book review! It's important to prioritize health while indulging in our passions. Speaking of health, Meri Sehat's online medical services provide access to resources like Dengue Symptom information, making it easy to stay on top of your health. Keep up the good work and happy reading!"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!