Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Shades of Earth by Beth Revis

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine
meant to highlight an upcoming release we're excited for!


Shades of Earth (Across the Universe #3) by Beth Revis
RazorBill, 400 Pages
Expected US Release Date: January 15, 2013


Amy and Elder have finally left the oppressive walls of the spaceshipGodspeed behind. They're ready to start life afresh--to build a home--on Centauri-Earth, the planet that Amy has traveled 25 trillion miles across the universe to experience. But this new Earth isn't the paradise that Amy had been hoping for. Amy and Elder must race to uncover who--or what--else is out there if they are to have any hope of saving their struggling colony and building a future together. But as each new discovery brings more danger, Amy and Elder will have to look inward to the very fabric of what makes them human on this, their most harrowing journey yet. Because if the colony collapses? Then everything they have sacrificed--friends, family, life on Earth--will have been meaningless.
---------------------Goodreads summary

If you're unfamiliar with this here blog, there's really only one thing you need to know: I LOVE ACROSS THE UNIVERSE. It is seriously one of my absolute favourite YA novels, EVER. It is the very reason I started this book blog (as detailed in this post), and I will chat up Amy and Elder to anyone within hearing distance. Also, Harley <3.

Now, I loved A Million Suns too (read my review here!), but I pretty much view it as set up for book three. And I NEED IT NOW. I have to know what's on Centuri-Earth! Or who! Do they un-cryo (that's the technical term, of course) Amy's parents? Who survives? It worries me that I see Beth Revis repeatedly refer to it as a 'blood bath' and I have to frexing know why!

What book are you eagerly awaiting?
Leave your link in the comments!

PS. Have you entered my Follower Appreciation Giveaway yet? FIVE winners, one of which is international!

12 comments:

  1. I still need to read the 1st two books in this series. Everyone gushes and gushes about them. I'm not sure that I'm a fan of these new covers on the series though. Reminds me of the original Artemis Fowl covers way too much. Good pick. Happy reading.
    Waiting on Weds @Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really need to read the first book in this series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely loved the first two books so I can't wait to see what happens in this one. It's the end so I'm dying to read it. Awesome pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. EEEEEEP! YES! I can't wait for this. After the ending of A Million Suns I have been dying to read the third and final book in the trilogy. WAH!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really dislike the new covers - but I love the books! Can't wait to read this one as well.

    ~Mandi Kaye | My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't kill me, but I have yet to read Across the Universe and A Million Suns (eep!). I do happen to have them at home though, so you can be sure that I'm going to read them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Disgusting cover :( I feel like I'm staying behind too much, since I need to start in Across the Universe.. I'm going to do it - soon!

    My WoW pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm reading Across the Universe now, so I'm glad you love this series so much! I don't like the new covers though! :/ Anyway, great pick! :D

    ~Keertana
    Ivy Book Bindings

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like an exciting choice.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Liked the first covers better, but can't wait to read this! Loved the first book.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still need to read the second book in this series, but I can't wait to read this one either...I need to know what happens to them all!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have had Across the Universe sitting next to my bed literally since it came out... I think I may actually pick it up now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!