Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Spread the Love: ORIGIN & RIFT ARC TOUR (US only)

So, continuing my Spread the Love ARC campaign (read the first post with explanation here!), I'm going to send out two books on a "tour."

Sorry for the crummy phone picture, guys! Promise the books are fine.
ORIGIN by Jessica Khoury (Expected Pub Date: September 4)
RIFT by Andrea Cremer (Expected Pub Date: August 7)

My 3 "rules" are:
         1) You MUST be a reviewer. I'm not going to set a minimum time for how long you've been doing it. As long as you can prove to me you have the means to review and that you've reviewed before, you're good.

         2) You agree to post your review in a timely manner relative to the pub date. Usually reviews post within a month before or after pub dates to build some buzz about the book. It's what the ARC is for, after all! (I know RIFT will release before anyone gets the book, so the rule isn't quite applicable, but you get the idea.)

         3) You agree to send the book back to me or to the next person (whichever applies) within TEN days of receiving it, WITH Delivery Confirmation. DC is something like 80 cents extra, but it's really for my own peace of mind that the book is moving along smoothly. If you send it Media Mail with DC, it's almost always less than $4. Because of the DC, this is open to the US ONLY. (Sorry!)

I don't know how many people will end up requesting either of the books, but just in case: I'm going to limit it to FIVE people right now (because in theory, that's 50 days for one book without mail transit times). If more than 5 ask for it by the end of the week (Aug 4), I'm just going to randomly choose five recipients*. If all goes smoothly, the book makes it back to me, and there are still people interested, I'll send it out again.

(*ORIGIN already has 3 from Twitter, so I'll probably extend the number of people if there's interest.)

Interested? Leave me a comment with the URL to where you post reviews and the assurances that you'll follow the rules (and a way to contact you, if your blog/site doesn't have that. Email or twitter handles, please)! I'll send an email at the beginning of next week to set up schedules and details.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ashley! I think your idea of doing an ARC Tour is amazing and while I live in the U.S., you don't need to send me a copy of these books. I already have an ARC of Origin which I am planning to read very soon, so I was wondering if I could be included in your ARC Tour anyway. I'll still be following the rules of posting my review about a month or so before the release of Origin, but I'd love to be part of the Tour and have my blog mentioned along with the other review blogs as well. You can leave a comment on my blog and let me know if that's okay. Thanks! :)

    ~Keertana
    Ivy Book Bindings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should have my info from Twitter, but just in case, let me know if you still need it! I sent you a DM with my email.
    Very excited for this! Great idea :)

    Brittany @ The Book Addict's Guide

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ashley! I would love to join the Origin tour. Really nice to spread the love. I promise to follow the rules you set and I always post my reviews on my blog Read-A-holicZ and if you cant find my contact info, here it is...
    email: lizzy9rule@gmail.com
    Twitter: @ReadAholicZ

    Can't wait to hear from you, Lisseth =D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!