Friday, July 27, 2012

Spread the Love: Sequel ARCs (Such Wicked Intent by Kenneth Oppel, Romeo Redeemed by Stacey Jay, and Flesh & Bone by Jonathan Maberry)

So, as you probably saw from this post, I picked up a ton of great books from ALA - all of which I am super excited to read. But there are only so many minutes and hours in a day, and unfortunately I just can't read all of them in time for their release no matter how hard I try. Which makes me feel incredibly guilty, because I want these ARCs to serve their purpose! My solution? Spread the love, of course!

This is where you, my fellow readers, come in.

I will lend any of these ARCs to any US reviewer. 

Because this is a new-ish idea for me and I'm test running it, I'm going to start small with these three sequel books:
1. Flesh & Bone (Benny Imura #3) by Jonathan Maberry - expected Pub date: Sept 11
2. Romeo Redeemed (Juliet Immortal #2) by Stacey Jay - expected Pub date: Oct 9
3. Such Wicked Intent (The Apprenticeship of Victor Frankenstein #2) by Kenneth Oppel - expected Pub date: Aug 21
I'm asking three things:

1) You post a review within 2 weeks before or after the official pub date. Which means you HAVE to be a reviewer*. Either your own book blog or Goodreads/LibraryThing. You don't have to be a follower of mine, trusted friend, anyone I've ever talked to before, and I'm not going to set a minimum to how long you've been reviewing. You just need to prove to me that you have the means to do so and that you've reviewed books before. (Leave your URL, please!) And I mean an actual review, filled with paragraphs and reasons to love or like or hate. Not some schmoopsy "this was a great book, 4 stars!"

2) You send the book back to me within TEN days of receiving the book and with Delivery Confirmation. Because I am asking for DC, this is limited to the US only.

3) You have read the preceding books in the series or have the means to do so in the next couple weeks. Most of these will release in the next 2 months, and I'd like your review to go up in a timely manner regarding the pub date. While I would like proof you've read the previous books (a link to the review is preferable), I will take it on faith if you just tell me you have.

So. That's that. Are you interested in any of these books? If so, just leave me a comment with which book you'd like to borrow, the URL to your blog/Goodreads/LT/other site where you will post a review, and the reassurances that you have read or will be reading soon the previous books in the series. Questions? Ask me in the comments or tweet me!

As I get more of my reading schedules figured out, I'll definitely be doing more lending and sending and spreading the love with the other ARCs I have :)

*Unfortunately, if I find reason to believe you won't fulfill the 3 things I'm asking (poor track record, few reviews on a blog, etc), I reserve the right to not send you the book. I don't foresee that happening, but...yeah. Sorry!

6 comments:

  1. I would LOVE to read "Such Wicked Intent"!!! :) I've read the first book and loved it and have been dying for this. My blog: www.yearningtoread.blogspot.com (plus my LT/GR/Amazon).

    Thanks for doing this!! Super duper fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sierra!! Of COURSE I will let you borrow it! Since your email isn't on your blog, I'll tweet you right now :)

      Delete
    2. wait, what am i talking about?! I've emailed you before! Sending you an email RIGHT NOW :)

      Delete
  2. This is such a cool idea! I'd totally participate... if I'd read any of the first books. Hopefully this will work out for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll definitely have others to send around soon, so hopefully you'll find one you want to read!

      Delete
  3. I'm totally interested in Romeo Redeemed, but I don't know if I have time between BEA and Netgalley books. I love this idea tho.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!