Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tune In Tuesday: The Teen Years...ending with a POP!

Tune in Tuesday is hosted by the awesome Ginger at GReads!

I can't believe we've come to the end of the Teen Years flashback, guys! It's been a nostalgic month and I loved getting to relive and remember some of my teen years. Maybe some of them weren't positive memories, and perhaps while going through them it didn't feel so great - but right now as I look back, I'm pretty happy.

And I had to save the best for last! So far I've covered the boys in my teen years, TV shows I watched, and movies that were big releases; but I haven't actually covered what I truly listened to!

I turned 13 in 2000, so my teen years were the early 00s - a fantastically awesome time of boybands, pop music, and choreographed dances. Hate on it all you want, but I know you can sing every word to these songs...and probably do the little Bye Bye Bye wave in perfect sync, too. This was a strange time of technology too, when mp3s and iTunes started messing with sales charts and statistics. Napster went kablooey, the FCC cracked down, and suddenly file sharing was a whole mess of leaking CDs and music.

Still, music was music and will always remain, and these are a few songs that had the most play in my house:

*NSYNC - Gone
Ok, ANY *NSYNC song will get the most play in my house really, but I chose Gone as a bridge between the group and Justin's solo career. (Also, the opening skit in it still makes me laugh. God I miss them.)

Britney Spears - Lucky
Bringin' it BACK to the times of schoolgirl Brit. Anyone remember the Making the Video for this? How the mirror scene was such a big deal? And was I the only one bothered that her mascara streaks are all wrong?

Christina Aguilera - Dirrty
Stripped is legit one of my Top 5 Favourite Albums ever. Shit's my jam.

Eminem - The Real Slim Shady
I love Eminem. That's all.

Alicia Keys - Fallin'
I remember when this song was getting all the play on MTV2, trying to break into the charts...and then one day it went BAM: everywhere. Thanks American Idol Auditions for ruining this song ten thousand times over!

Kelly Clarkson - Since U Been Gone
You do not even know how many times I've belted this song in my car. One of my fondest memories is a trip to San Francisco when I was 18 with 4 of my best friends, driving the hills and cranking this on high.

Destiny's Child - Bootylicious
I don't think you're ready.

John Mayer - Your Body Is A Wonderland
Mmmm...I love me some JM.

Damien Rice - Cannonball
If I was ever depressed during high school, this was my go-to jam. I don't even know how I heard of it since it was never formally released in the US, but to this day this song brings me to tears on my knees. Beautiful.

Some of this may not be the deepest music, but it was a fun time!

What were your Constant Repeat songs?
Leave your link in the comments!
PS. Like I could really make a post title like that and not include this...sassy girl ;)

6 comments:

  1. OMG... I listened to all of those, (though some more in private lol) Great list!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect choice for Britney. That was my favorite, too :) and yes I totally remember the Making of the Video for that one! I loved MTV back then.. we would totally record the videos, and then play them back frame after frame to learn all the dance moves. hahahaha Wow, we were cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Cannonball. Such an incredible song! I was a HUGE Kelly Clarkson fan too, Since U Been Gone was a definite favourite of mine!

    My Tune In Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have every single one of these on my ipod. I turned 12 in 2000 and these songs are the songs I remember passionately singing along to in the car and annoying my older brothers like mad.

    And Stripped is one of my favourite albums. It just has everything. Whilst I may not have been a fan of the dirrrrty look Xtina was sporting back then her voice, as always, was golden.

    And N*Sync! Those boys - my favourite being Joey the Fat One... they're some of my first celebrity crushes. I still play Bye Bye Bye from time to time and remember how dorky my preteen friends and I were :P

    Loved this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. best list EVER lol. I think you raided my ipod ;)

    Sarah
    That Bookish Girl

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post just totally brought me back to my own teen years. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!