Monday, July 23, 2012

Tune In Tuesday: The Teen Years...featuring Movies!

Tune In Tuesday is hosted by the amazing Ginger at GReads!

Since last week's teen years were focused on TV shows, I figured it only fair to give movies a week, too! I'm really big on soundtracks. I don't know if it's the natural writer in me, but I love having stories to go with music. Of course I can make my own stories, but I also like when I have one to go with music in the first place (this is probably why I love musicals so much). Since I turned 13 in 2000, I chose movies that were released between 2000-2005 (my HS grad year) that had songs I distinctly remember.


Wheatus - Teenage Dirtbag
from the movie Loser (2000)



Moulin Rouge - Christina Aguilera, Mya, P!nk, Li'l Kim
from the movie Moulin Rouge (2001)
You can bet your booty I do the Christina part of this song, with the hand motions.



Smash Mouth - I'm A Believer
from the movie Shrek (2001)



Britney Spears - Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman
from the movie Crossroads (2002)





Mandy Moore - Only Hope
from the movie A Walk To Remember (2002)
Ohhh when he nails that 'you're beautiful' line...*swoon*



Eminem - Lose Yourself
from the movie 8 Mile (2002)



Frou Frou - Let Go
from the movie Garden State (2004)
OBSESSED with this song when it released. Got me through some tough times.



Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon - It Ain't Me Babe
from the movie Walk the Line (2005)

Also, doing this made me realize that damn...I liked some really girly movies haha.

What movies do you remember from your teen years?
Tell me in the comments or leave me your link!

8 comments:

  1. I love your post!! Teenage Dirtbag was my jam!! My favorite movie from my teen years was Clueless... which has an awesome soundtrack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks! Loved all these movies and songs. My fav from the Garden State Soundtrack is Fair by Remy Zero. One of my favorite movies. And I adore A Walk to Remember! I also remember taking my younger cousin to Crossroads. I think I was in college and she was in middle school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post made me smile =) I know a lot of the songs but have only seen two of the movies mentioned. Love, Love, LOVE, A Walk to Remember it is my favorite movie of all time!!! It also contains some of the best music ever ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeeeees. A Walk to Remember (love Switchfoot and she pretty much covered their entire album for that movie). Moulin Rouge... just bought that soundtrack fro 2.99 on amazing, recently. Shrek, classic! And seriously, 8 mile is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't watched Moulin Rouge or Garden State yet but I want to. I love the rest of the movies though. Great picks! I squealed a little bit when saw the first song. My sister and I used to sing it all the time and I total forgot about it. Thanks or sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE a Walk to Remember. Such a sweet movie.
    --
    You've been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award! Congrats! See here for info: http://bookhavenextraordinaire.blogspot.com/2012/07/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Shrek. And the soundtrack. I have no shame in admitting that! Lose Yourself is amazing too, 8 Mile is a great movie. Walk the Line is awesome, I love the soundtrack to that as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gee. These are freaking great! I absolutely love the soundtrack from Garden State. I still listen to it all the time. And I swear, the music was the only good thing about A Walk to Remember -- which is sad because that book was one of Sparks' best! (UGH) And also Teenage Dirtbag... that was so on the Dawson's Creek soundtrack and I listened to it all the time. Great choices here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!