Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I think I'm going to need another bookcase...

Finally, my ALA books! 

Almost a month to make this post, but hey...it took a damn long time to do! All the ones I picked up at the ALA Conference (did you miss my recap? You can read it here!). These are all ARCs or finished copies which were either picked up, given to me, provided to me at a signing, or purchased.

It's sad I feel the need to state this, but here it goes:
1) I have every intention of reviewing EVERY book here.
2) I will be donating, passing along and/or sharing all these at some point.
3) I did NOT grab everything I saw. Trust me when I say that the ones you see here? I picked up probably double the amount and set them back down.
4) It was made very clear to each publisher that I was a book blogger when I picked these up. My badge declared it, and I told most, if not all, reps I spoke to that I was NOT a librarian. I was expressly given permission to take the book.

While I'm not using the above to deny that this is a lot of books, I do hope you trust I had no malicious intent.

And now, in alphabetical and then a vague attempt at doing them in release order...
(to see the visual bookshelf + covers, please click here!)

Thank you Amulet books!
Fake Mustache by Tom Angleberger
Shadow on the Mountain by Margi Preus

Thank you Bloomsbury!
Freaks Like Us by Susan Vaught
Beautiful Lies by Jessica Warman
Send Me A Sign by Tiffany Schmidt
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

Thank you Disney Hyperion!
The Archived by Victoria Schwab
The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
After: 19 Stories of the Apocalypse and Dystopia edited by Ellen Datlow and Terri Windling
Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone
Break My Heart 1000 Times by Daniel Waters
Dark Star by Bethany Frenette
Lucky Fools by Coert Voorhees

Thank you Harlequin Teen!
Speechless by Hannah Harrington
Dancergirl by Carol M. Tanzman (finished copy)
Spellbound by Cara Lynn Shultz (finished copy)
Spellcaster by Cara Lynn Shult (finished copy)
The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa (finished copy)

Thank you Harper Teen!
Through To You by Emily Hainsworth
Ten by Gretchen McNeil
The Lost Girl by Sangu Mandanna
Over You by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus
Carnival of Souls by Melissa Marr
The Other Normals by Ned Vizzini - this actually was not given to me by the Harper booth, but I'm still grateful to them for printing the ARC! To find out how I got it, click here.

Thank you Little, Brown and Company!
Iron-Hearted Violet by Kelly Barnhill (came highly recommended!)
Lost Girls by Ann Kelley
Perfect Escape by Jennifer Brown
The Diviners by Libba Bray (!!!!)

Thank you MacMillan!
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer (!!!)
Eve & Adam by Michael Grant and Katherine Applegate
Crewel by Gennifer Albin
Monstrous Beauty by Elizabeth Fama
The Raft by SA Bodeen
Auracle by Gina Rosati

Whoops...Clockwork Angel poster not included!
Thank you Penguin!
Prodigy by Marie Lu (!!!!)
Lucid by Adrienne Stoltz and Ron Bass
Burning Blue by Paul Griffin
Origin by Jessica Khoury
The Edge of Nowhere by Elizabeth George
Venom by Fiona Paul
Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes

Thank you Random House!
Sacred by Elena Arnold
Romeo Redeemed by Stacey Jay
Every Day by David Levithan
The Stone Girl by Alyssa B. Sheinmel

Thank you Scholastic!
Skinny by Donna Cooner
Magisterium by Jeff Hirsch
The Dark Unwinding by Sharon Cameron
Undead by Kristy McKay

Thank you Simon & Schuster!
Lovely, Dark and Deep by Amy McNamara
The Blessed by Tonya Hurley
Flesh & Bone by Jonathan Maberry
I Swear by Lane Davis
Counting Backward by Laura Lascarso
Such Wicked Intent by Kenneth Oppel

Thank you Soho Press!
Who Done It? An Anthology edited by Jon Scieszka
Escape Theory by Margaux Froley

Thank you St. Martin's Griffin!
The Hunt by Andrew Fukuda
This Is Not A Test by Courtney Summers (finished copy)
Beneath the Glitter by Ella and Blair Fowler
Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff

These were the signed books, whose authors I luckily got to meet!

Phew! *wipes brow* that was quite a linking frenzy. I'm seriously excited about each one of these, and I really encourage you to click all the titles and check them out on Goodreads. I'll be running giveaways for a lot of them throughout the remainder of the year, so keep checking back!

And now comes the horrifically difficult part of choosing which one to read first. Sigh.
(Suggestions? Tell me!)

12 comments:

  1. i've heard a lott of good things about spellbound and the sequel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing haul! Can't wait to see what you think of them. I really, really liked Origin! Aside from that I'd choose Crewel, Scarlet, The Darkest Minds or Throne of Glass first. I guess that doesn't really help that much, but they all look so good that it's too hard to choose just one. I envy your dilemma! Happy reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul! I'm looking forward to your reviews (especially of Time Between Us!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lost girl sounds amazing, lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got some awesome books... now go read Throne of Glass. :) I have every intention of reading all the books I got at BEA, too. Let's make a pledge and keep each other accountable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOWIE! I'm jealous! You've got a ton of great books– and a ton of reading ahead of you :P Happy Reading :)

    Rabiah
    Confessions of a Readaholic

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOLY FREAKING CRUD!!!!!!! I was looking at this list, going, "SHOOT, how many ARC requests does this girl send out a month?!" And then I realized I'd COMPLETELY missed the title, I'd been so fascinated by the first picture...LOL

    And ummm YAH. Kelly Barnhill is becoming one of my favorite authors through her delicious novel "The Mostly True Story of Jack". And now I'm DYING to read "Iron Hearted Violet". And, obviously, AT LEAST half of the rest of the pile you got!!!! :D Ok ok, so, since we live like...ten minutes from each other...you should share with me. hahaha ;)

    Sierra @ Yearning to Read

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, what a huge haul! And your disclaimer is nice but unnecessary IMO, because I know you'll read them all:) So of that VAST quantity of books I think the two I am most curious about are Speechless (because you know I LOVED Saving June) and The Diviners (because I love books on spiritualism.) I CANNOT wait to hear what you think of those two and all the others Ashley, YAY for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see some happy reading in your future! The Darkest Minds and Eve and Adam are the two that excite me the most.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ay yi yi, Ashley! You seriously got almost every book on my must-read shelf on Goodreads! I mean, there are way too many to list that you got that I just HAVE to read, but mostly SCARLET and TIME BETWEEN US and SPEECHLESS OMG! ;) Such a fantastic score! I hope you love all of these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This case designee and shape very good now i easily manege my book thanks for share it personal statement revision .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!