Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Criminal by Terra Elan McVoy

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine
meant to highlight an upcoming release we're excited for!

Criminal by Terra Elan McVoy
Simon Pulse, 288 Pages
Expected US Release Date: May 2013

Nikki’s life is far from perfect, but at least she has Dee. Her friends tell her that Dee is no good, but Nikki can’t imagine herself without him. He’s hot, he’s dangerous, he has her initials tattooed over his heart, and she loves him more than anything. There’s nothing Nikki wouldn’t do for Dee. Absolutely nothing.

So when Dee pulls Nikki into a crime – a crime that ends in murder – Nikki tells herself that it’s all for true love. Nothing can break them apart. Not the police. Not the arrest that lands Nikki in jail. Not even the investigators who want her to testify against him.

But what if Dee had motives that Nikki knew nothing about?

Nikki’s love for Dee is supposed to be unconditional . . . but even true love has a limit. And Nikki just might have reached hers.
-----------------------Goodreads summary


I've only read one book of Terra's, but I really loved it (Being Friends With Boys - my review is here!) - her writing is fantastic and she's got a real knack for creating real. I'm definitely looking forward to reading the rest of her work. BUT! Criminal sounds like it's so different from all her other stuff! It sounds brilliant and amazing, yes, but it feels so much darker. In any case, I can't wait to read this. Books that center around a love that goes too far or an obsessive love that turns dangerous? They're terrifying, but I can never resist them. Plus, Elizabeth Eulberg was tweeting while she read an ARC of this and couldn't stop raving - I'm even more curious now!

What book are you eagerly awaiting?
Leave your link and I'll hop by!

8 comments:

  1. Nice choice! I love the synopsis!

    New follower via Linky and GFC! Please follow back :D
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. This does sound interesting. Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so intense. Wow. I'll definitely be looking out for this one, thanks for the introduction!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so interesting! And I really like the cover. Never heard of it before, but I'm going to have to check it out now!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is on my TBR list, I can't wait to read it! Great pick!

    My WoW

    Sabina @ Delirious About Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always have good picks! I love dark and this sounds awesome. !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This has a really interesting premise. I can't to wait to check it out!

    Check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!