Sunday, January 6, 2013

Monthly Reads: January 2013! Happy New Year!

Monthly Reads highlights the books I've got in my TBR for that month. It's a way of sharing the ones I'm excited for and trying to relieve the pressure of "having" to read an ARC or new release.

Yes, I did skip December - I was trying to get a post done, but it was so late in the month and I had no idea what kind of time I had or what books I wanted to read that I finally decided not to do one about 12 days in. As much as it killed me to not have consistency, it was for the best. Now onto better things:
January!

I know the point of this feature was so I could not feel so pressured for review books, but I am totally breaking that this month. I made some commitments, and then other commitments came in much earlier than planned...basically, this entire month are books that need to be read because I am on deadline, or they're borrowed, or I've got an interview planned, or something. That's NOT to say I don't want to read these! I'm actually really happy to have that sort of pressure on me this month, because these are all books I'm SUPER SUPER excited for.

Currently Reading:
  The Archived by Victoria Schwab
  Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky #2) by Veronica Rossi (thanks Ava!)
  Splintered by AG Howard (thanks Sierra!)

To Be Read:
  Nobody But Us by Kristen Halbrook (thanks DAC ARC Tours!)
  Belonging (Temptation #2) by Karen Ann Hopkins (thanks Karen!)
  Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza (thanks Natasha!)
  The Namesake by Steven Parlato
  Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
  Prodigy (Legend #2) by Marie Lu
  Scarlet (Cinder #2) by Marissa Meyer
  The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay*
  Dualed by Elsie Chapman*
  Also Known As by Robin Benway*
  Going Vintage by Lindsey Leavitt*

*via NetGalley

I've got quuuuuite a packed January - but I'm super excited for all of it!
Which one should I read next?
What are you planning to read this month?

6 comments:

  1. You have so many great books for this month! Mila 2.0, Prodigy, Unravel Me, and the Archived are all books that I can't wait to read! :)

    Happy reading!

    -Lexi, the Literature Lion
    http://www.theliteraturelion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many books here that I'm excited for. I'm hoping to read Prodigy, Splintered, and The Archived this month, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you've got some awesome reads lined up for this month Ashley! I'm pretty much dying to read Through the Ever Night, since I've been waiting for SUCH a long time for that book. I can't believe it releases this Tuesday! :D I'm also super excited for The Archived, so I hope you enjoy that one. I can't wait to see what you think of all of these! Also, I'm totally going to have to request The Sea of Tranquility from NetGalley, since I'm so excited to read that one.

    Happy reading Ashley! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going Vintage has such a cute cover - I like the whole storyline too, but I think I would have bought if just for its cover, lol!
    I'm hoping to get Splintered and Nobody But Us - both sound amazing!
    Great stack! Enjoy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally read Prodigy (loved it) and Mila 2.0 so we can discuss them, haha! I'm DYING for Scarlet. I'm hoping I'm caught up on my pile before it comes out. I'm on a buying freeze since I went crazy with the library. Whoops. Next time I must give myself a two book limit.

    Oh, and there is a Shannon Hale event coming up at Yellow Book Road (Liberty Station) on February 15 (my birthday!) at 4pm. She is one of my fave authors and I thought I would give you a heads up. I'm going!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should read next The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!