Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Weekly Wrap-Up (21): HUGS FOR ALL; or, I'M SPOILED.

It's been fairly quiet here in terms of quality content, and I apologize for that, guys. I came down with a hoooorrible cold right after Christmas, and it's only just now starting to fade away (though you would not know it by my cough..ick). A week ago we also found out a very loved aunt had passed away (though not quite unexpected, it was still sudden), and there was absolutely no question we would make our way up to San Bernardino for the funeral. Because I had to take a day off from work right after having two holidays off, I refused to take any sick days leading up to the Friday - and working in a dusty, freezing warehouse when you're terribly sick? It takes a lot out of you.

And those are my excuses. But I'm feeling better, and I'll be back!

In case you missed it...
Review: The 13th Sign by Kirstin O'Donnell Tubb (ARC)
A disappointment overall, but still with a redeeming ending. 3 Stars

Giveaways Galore!
My blog turned ONE!
And while I'll have posts all during the month about how much I love this community, I kicked it off with the giveaways :) There's something for everyone!

Win a signed WANDERLOVE, CINDER and THRONE OF GLASS! TWO (2) winners! US/CA only, ends 2/2
Win your choice between Venom, Meant To Be, or The Sky is Everywhere! INT, ends 2/3
Clear Your Shelf Giveaway Hop: A Mystery Box of YA Books! Includes The Diviners. US only, ends 1/10

Coming up...
A review of Midwinterblood by Marcus Sedgwick and Safekeeping by Karen Hesse (it's a Macmillan party up in here!). I'm feeling ambitious and could also have a review of Attachments by Rainbow Rowell up, too! I'm going to try the Top Ten Tuesday List for this week, and I'll have my first YAY BOOK BLOGGING post for my blogoversary celebration.

Onto the books!
In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren
Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews
The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer

Basically, I'm completely spoiled. And had the BEST Secret Santa ever.
Note: this is actually the last 2 weeks, which does include Christmas.

The Broke & Bookish Secret Santa Gift
If you saw my last Weekly Wrap Up, I had Easy by Tammara Webber because Andrea sent it to me as a "I'm sorry I sent your present late it will arrive soon!" gift. Which was incredibly sweet! And then I got the actual gift in and seriously? Easy was totally NOT necessary, because she went above and beyond!
Why yes, I did open this on my kitchen counter because I couldn't wait!
Candy
A Paris Journal (LOVE, especially the inside pages' design)
A penguin bell ornament that is freakin' ADORABLE
Penguin magnetic bookmarks, which I am in love with. (she must have read my profile, because PENGUINS <333)
Flat Out Love by Jessica Park  - which I am DYING to read.
My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick - one of my most wanted.
I can't say thank you enough, Andrea!

The Diviners by Libba Bray - gifted from my dad for Christmas
Ask the Passengers by AS King - gifted from my dad for Christmas
The Princesses of Iowa by M Molly Backes - traded with Michelle @ FabbityFab Book Reviews
Belonging (Temptation #2) by Karen Ann Hopkins - from author, for review (thank you Karen! Excited to know what's going on with Noah and Rose now.)
Mystic City ARC by Theo Lawrence - won from Margie @ Bumbles and Fairy-Tales. She is fantastic because I originally missed the email that I won, and she was kind enough to still send it to me over a month after! You are fantastic, Margie, thank you!
Nobody But Us by Kristen Halbrook + swag - for review via the DAC ARC Tours
Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout - gifted from S at Oh Paper Pages for Christmas (thank you S! So excited to finally see what the Armentrout fuss is about!)
Splintered by AG Howard - to borrow, from Sierra @ Yearning To Read (thanks girl!)

And finally, I won a box of books from Panda Reads! Including:
TTYL by Lauren Myracle
Marked by PC and Kristin Cast
Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson
The Girl in the Wall by Daphne Benedis-Wall
Louder Than Words by Laurie Plissner

What books came into your possession this week?
Leave your link and I'll hop by!

10 comments:

  1. WOWIE! Nice haul! Your secret santa was such a doll! I am definitely signing up next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Princesses of Iowa looks like one that would be a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many awesome books! I've been wanting to read The Diviners for a while so I hope you love it! Aww how nice of Andrea, what a wonderful Secret Santa gift! I hope you're having an awesome weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing haul, and an awesome secret santa gift (plus Easy?!)

    I am sooooo jealous of My Life Next Door and The Diviners. Wintergirls is amazing and I quite enjoyed Splintered as well so i hope you will too :)

    New follower :)

    My Haul

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, so maybe you are a bit spoiled?! I'm just kidding. ;) But seriously, what an AWESOME secret santa!! I'm so excited to read My Life Next Door, I can't believe I still haven't picked that one up yet. Also, I need to jump on the JLA bandwagon as well! One of these days I will have to pick up Obsidian. I'm excited to see what you think of it though. =) And Splintered! I've seen such fabulous reviews of that one as well, and I adore that cover!

    Fantastic haul, Ashley! I hope you enjoy all your lovelies. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY! What a lovely Secret Santa gift! I participated in a secret santa this year, but didn't get anything. But that's not what Christmas is about, so maybe next year I will try the one organized by The Broke and The Bookish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy Secret Santa..sweet gift and look at the book haul! I am so sorry about your Aunt and feel your pain about being sick, i had the flu. Hope things get better! The Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on yur first bloggie birthday :-) And wowza - what a book haul! Looks like you've got some awesome reads!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!