Sunday, March 17, 2013

The Weekly Wrap Up (24): So, I went to Alaska...

Did you notice I didn't have a wrap-up 2 weeks ago or last week? Probably not, but I'm going to pretend you were all desolate without me so I can tell this story :)

I didn't have great connection the weekend, so I couldn't upload pictures; I wasn't at my house to check my mail or get any books; and then when I did get back I had really busy days trying to catch up on work and general things that got pushed aside. Where was I?

ALASKA!!
My father lived there during his teenage years, and his sister (my aunt) is still there. When a cousin told us she was getting married and having the reception in Alaska, we jumped on the chance to have a reason to go. My brother and I had never been, and my parents hadn't been back in a long while.
 
It was AMAZING. It snowed on Saturday (I've never seen falling snow, so I was enchanted), but wasn't really too cold the entire time. For this Southern California girl, that means a lot! I became obsessed with the Totem Poles, too - but that's natural, since all totem poles are stories. Each animal/section is a representation of a larger story, so it became a game to figure out what each one was telling me. The city I was in also has the largest number of standing totem poles in the world, and it was fascinating.
And of course, I couldn't NOT find my way to books...
Even if it is a bit of an unorthodox place, I highly recommend going to Alaska. It's unlike anything I've ever seen, and I can't wait to go back one day.

In case you missed it...
Coming up...
A petite revue of Butter by Erin Jade Lange, regular reviews of Unremembered by Jessica Brody and Reboot by Amy Tintera, and my birthday giveaway will kick off on the 19th!

Onto the books!
In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren
Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews
The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer

Again, this is after 2 weeks and many, many book events to prep for!
Purchased
Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell (NEEDED a finished copy since I loved it so much.)
Let the Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger (for her release party)
Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza (for her release party)
for the Lauren Oliver event
Leisl & Po
Pandemonium
Requiem
Delirium Stories: Hana, Annabel, Raven

Won
Shades of Earth (Across the Universe #3) by Beth Revis (signed!), from Beth.

Library
Two Way Street by Lauren Barnholdt
Anatomy of a Boyfriend by Daria Snadowsky

Borrowed
from the always amazing Heather @ The Flyleaf Review
Five Flavors of Dumb by Antony John
Audrey, Wait by Robin Benway

Book Brats Secret Book Swap
Illuminate by Aimee Agresti - thanks Marla!!

Around the World ARC Tours
Nantucket Blue by Leila Howard
The Rules For Disappearing by Ashley Elston
The Elite (The Selection #2) by Kiera Cass
How Zoe Made Her Dreams (Mostly) Come True by Sarah Strohmeyer

 
NetGalley
thank you Tor, Gallery Books, and Bloomsbury!
The Planet Thieves by Dan Krokos
Love Water Memory by Jennie Shortridge
Anthem for Jackson Dawes by Celia Bryce

What books came into your possession this week?
Leave your link and I'll hop by!

15 comments:

  1. Alaska how cool! I've always wanted to visit there and maybe I will one day :). I am super excited for The Elite and Nantucket Blue! Also can't wait to get my hands on Let The Sky Fall!

    Happy Reading,
    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alaska looks great, sounds like you had a great visit. I just got Mila 2.0 and I am so excited to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alaska looks amazing. Your cold weather outfit is super cute too, btw. I totally want to read Five Flavors of Dumb. :)

    Axie @ Books are Bread

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Alaska pics, especially the one in front of the library!

    Check out my Sunday Post at: http://wp.me/piowb-WK

    Have An Awesome Week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would absolutely love to go to Alaska someday! I'm not sure I could live there, it'd be too cold for me, but definitely think it'd be fun to visit.

    And I too picked up Pandemonium and Requiem this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had an awesome time in Alaska. So many great books. Five Flavors of Dumb is new to me.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got Elite <3 I still need to grab that..what an awesome haul and I loved all of the pictures, my hubs and I hope to go to Alaska one day :) The Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ηola! I've been reading your weblog for a while now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from Huffman Texas! Just wanted to tell you keep up the great job!

    Feel free to visit my site :: premature ejaculation pills

    ReplyDelete
  9. What's the Release Party? OMG what an amazing haul, I'm envious!

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never been to Alaska, but I've heard it's gorgeous. Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG You went to Alaska!?! I'm super jealous! Dying to go there one day!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to go to Alaska. Even if I'm not a huge fan of snow, haha! I really can't wait to see what you think of Two Way Street, I pick it up every time I'm at the book shop but never buy it. Five Flavors of Dumb is supposed to be really good too, so I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Alaska looks like a beautiful place. It's actually a place I'd love to visit myself, so I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I actually went to Alaska when I was 17 to visit a long-distance boyfriend who lived there. It was pretty! I'm hoping to go on a cruise to Alaska next year. Glad you had fun! Looks like you got some great books! I'm really wanting to read MILA as well as Eleanor & Park. :)

    - Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great blog ! I am impressed with suggestions of author.premature ejaculation treatment

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!