Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: The Harper Teen Is Awesome Edition

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine
meant to highlight an upcoming release we're excited for!

Transparent by Natalie Whipple
Harper Teen, 352 Pages
Expected US Release Date: May 21, 2013


Plenty of teenagers feel invisible. Fiona McClean actually is.

An invisible girl is a priceless weapon. Fiona’s own father has been forcing her to do his dirty work for years—everything from spying on people to stealing cars to breaking into bank vaults.

After sixteen years, Fiona’s had enough. She and her mother flee to a small town, and for the first time in her life, Fiona feels like a normal life is within reach. But Fiona’s father isn’t giving up that easily.

Of course, he should know better than anyone: never underestimate an invisible girl.
--------------------Goodreads summary


INVISIBILITY. That's all.
The Distance Between Us by Kasie West
Harper Teen, 320 Pages
Expected US Release Date: July 2, 2013

Seventeen-year-old Caymen Meyers studies the rich like her own personal science experiment, and after years of observation she’s pretty sure they’re only good for one thing—spending money on useless stuff, like the porcelain dolls in her mother’s shop.

So when Xander Spence walks into the store to pick up a doll for his grandmother, it only takes one glance for Caymen to figure out he’s oozing rich. Despite his charming ways and that he’s one of the first people who actually gets her, she’s smart enough to know his interest won’t last. Because if there’s one thing she’s learned from her mother’s warnings, it’s that the rich have a short attention span. But Xander keeps coming around, despite her best efforts to scare him off. And much to her dismay, she's beginning to enjoy his company. 

She knows her mom can’t find out—she wouldn’t approve. She’d much rather Caymen hang out with the local rocker who hasn’t been raised by money. But just when Xander’s attention and loyalty are about to convince Caymen that being rich isn’t a character flaw, she finds out that money is a much bigger part of their relationship than she’d ever realized. And that Xander’s not the only one she should’ve been worried about.
-----------------------Goodreads summary

Pivot Point was a fantastic story, I can't wait to see what Kasie does with contemporary.
The Chaos of Stars by Kiersten White
Harper Teen, 352 Pages
Expected US Release Date: September 10, 2013

Isadora’s family is seriously screwed up.

Of course, as the human daughter of Egyptian gods, that pretty much comes with the territory. She’s also stuck with parents who barely notice her, and a house full of relatives who can’t be bothered to remember her name. After all, they are going to be around forever—and she’s a mere mortal.

Isadora’s sick of living a life where she’s only worthy of a passing glance, and when she has the chance to move to San Diego with her brother, she jumps on it. But Isadora’s quickly finding that a “normal” life comes with plenty of its own epic complications—and that there’s no such thing as a clean break when it comes to family. Much as she wants to leave her past behind, she can’t shake the ominous dreams that foretell destruction for her entire family. When it turns out there may be truth in her nightmares, Isadora has to decide whether she can abandon her divine heritage after all.
---------------------------Goodreads summary


CLEOPATRA IN YA. That's all. (Also: THAT COVER. *drools*)

PS. Anyone know why I grouped all these books together? Virtual hug and a cookie if you do!

What book are you eagerly awaiting?
Leave your link and I'll hop by!

14 comments:

  1. The Chaos of Stars is my pick for this week too. Great minds think alike. :)

    WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really excited about Transparent. The Distance Between Us sounds pretty interesting too and I'd love to read it too. Great pick.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing picks! I really want to see how The Distance Between Us goes, the cover is so cool! :)

    Happy Reading :)
    My WoW: http://wwwthebookshelves.blogspot.com/2013/02/waiting-on-wednesday-22-impostor-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot wait for The Distance Between Us and The Chaos of Stars. I've already read Transparent and it was pretty awesome. Great WoW picks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really looking forward to all of these titles! Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha, right!?! They have some amazing books coming out soon!!! I'm excited for all of these :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. All 3 of these look really good! I can't wait to read them.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of these look amazing! Harper Teen is the best! Great picks this week <3

    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  9. HarperTeen is awesome! I got Transparent on Edelweiss, but I'm waiting for Distance and Chaos like a crazy person! Great choices! :D

    My WoW Choice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All three of these sound amazing, and I can't wait to get my hands on them! I'm especially excited for The Chaos of Stars, because it has Egyptian mythology in it. Great picks!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gah I had no idea that The Chaos of Stars was about Cleopatra! I've been wanting that one since I heard about the title! All 3 of them were great picks!

    Here's my http://takemeaway02.blogspot.com/2013/02/waiting-on-wednesday-22713.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG All of these. I want ALL of these.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved Pivot Point, so I'm especially excited for The Distance Between Us.

    I'm currently hosting a giveaway on my blog, Breath of Books, of Emily Murdoch's If You Find Me. Stop by if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!