Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Wild Awake by Hilary T. Smith

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine
meant to highlight an upcoming release we're excited for!

Wild Awake by Hilary T. Smith
Katherine Tegan Books, 400 pages
Expected US Release Date: May 28, 2013


Things you earnestly believe will happen while your parents are away:
1. You will remember to water the azaleas.
2. You will take detailed, accurate messages.
3. You will call your older brother, Denny, if even the slightest thing goes wrong.
4. You and your best friend/bandmate Lukas will win Battle of the Bands.
5. Amid the thrill of victory, Lukas will finally realize you are the girl of his dreams.

Things that actually happen:
1. A stranger calls who says he knew your sister.
2. He says he has her stuff.
3. What stuff? Her stuff.
4. You tell him your parents won’t be able to—
5. Sukey died five years ago; can’t he—
6. You pick up a pen.
7. You scribble down the address.
8. You get on your bike and go.
9. Things . . . get a little crazy after that.*
*also, you fall in love, but not with Lukas.

Both exhilarating and wrenching, Hilary T. Smith’s debut novel captures the messy glory of being alive, as seventeen-year-old Kiri Byrd discovers love, loss, chaos, and murder woven into a summer of music, madness, piercing heartbreak, and intoxicating joy.
---------------------------Goodreads summary

First of all, I'm pretty much guaranteed to like any book whose summary is in list form. I love lists. Who doesn't like them?! But also, this book sounds brilliant and I hear NOTHING but good things. The moment I saw the book during the Tea Time chat with the brilliant Epic Reads ladies two weeks ago, I knew I wanted to read it - and all I hear are fabulous things about it. It's top of my list now, and I am DYING to get my hands on it.

(Which also means, if anyone has it and wants to loan or trade me - please do!)

What book are you eagerly awaiting?
Leave your link and I'll hop by!

10 comments:

  1. I want this! Now! I think I've seen it before but I'm not sure... Even if I have seen it I haven't read the summary and now that I did I really want to read it! Great pick! Thanks for sharing!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh this sounds GOOD!!! Nice pick :)
    Beth @ YA Vixens
    Vixens WoW
    A Vixens Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a copy of this one on my shelf and I have been dying to read it. Like you, I've only been hearing good things about it. Great WoW pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the first I've seen of Wild Awake but it sounds so awesome! I am definitely a fan! (To be fair I was hooked when I saw the synopsis was in list form!) I am totally adding this to my tbr pile. Thanks for the introduction!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of this book. I also love lists, so I'm expecting good things. Please check out my WoW. Thanks!



    Anna @ Wandering Librarians

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book sounds really good. I have to say that I really like the cover. Wild Awake is definitely on my Wish-list. Great pick!
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg. I hadn't heard of this, but now I'm DYING to read it!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness that does sounds like an interesting book. Great pick and Happy Reading! Here is my WoW for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh this sounds like an amazing read! I'm loving this lists! How have I not heard of this one before?! Awesome pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The lists are pretty awesome :) It sounds like it will be one of those books with a little bit of everything.

    Great pick!

    Check out my WoW

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!