Sunday, February 24, 2013

The Weekly Wrap-Up (23): Where has the time gone?!

I really don't understand where the time has gone. It's been over THREE weeks since I've done a wrap-up! Each week I always mean to, but then it just never happens. Weekends get busy, I got sick...time, man. Time.

A quick recap of what I've been doing/why the blog has been so quiet: came down with flu, had to attend a funeral of a beloved cousin, got a promotion at work (yay!) that has resulted in lots of overtime and extra hours (boo), a few friends had birthday celebrations, attended a few book events, and there may or may not be a new sort of crush in my life...but I don't want to dwell on that, because it just makes me get weird haha.

In case you missed it...
Coming up...
A petite revue of Model Spy #1 by Shannon Greenland, regular reviews of Being Henry David by Cal Armistead and Butter by Erin Jade Lange, and a fantastic Waiting on Wednesday post. I'll also tackle the Tuesday list of my Auto-Buy authors!

Onto the books!
In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren
Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews
The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer

Keep in mind, this is the result of 3+ weeks, lots of ARC tours, and several book events for which I was prepping.

Purchase
The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielson
Slammed by Colleen Hoover

For the Mind Games Launch, with Kasie West:
Pivot Point by Kasie West
Mind Games by Kiersten White

For the Pitch Dark Days event in HB:
Everbound by Brodi Ashton
Hallowed by Cynthia Hand
Boundless by Cynthia Hand
Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi

Gifted
via Damaris and Around the World ARC Tours. Thank you!
The Trouble With Flirting by Claire LaZebnik

via the amazing Erica at The Book Cellar - thank you!
Undercover by Beth Kephart
Don't Stop Now by Julie Halpern
The Mockingbirds by Daisy Whitney
I Now Pronounce You Someone Else by Erin McCahan
Dreamland Social Club by Tara Altebrando

via the always fantastic James at Book Chic Club - thank you!
Pulse by Patrick Carman
Goddess (Dreamcrossed #3) by Josephine Angelini
Towering by Alex Flinn
Stranded by Jeff Probst and Chris Tebbetts
Island Of Shadows by Erin Hunter
A Tangle of Knots by Lisa Graff
The Drowned Cities by Paolo Bacigalupi

Borrowed
Reboot by Amy Tintera (!!!!), via Stephanie - thank you!
Wither by Lauren DeStefano, via Natasha - thank you!

For Review
Unremembered by Jessica Brody, via Publisher - thank you MacMillan!
 A complete surprise! My very first unsolicited ARC, and one of my most anticipated reads for 2013. Review to come soon, but suffice to say: it was fantastic!

Won
Paper Valentine by Brenna Yovanoff, via Bibliopunkk - thank you!
Tons and tons of swag from YA Highway's Winter Giveaway! Thanks YA Highway!

ARC Tours
Pivot Point by Kasie West - Around the World ARC Tours
Canary by Rachele Alpine - Around the World ARC Tours
The Boyfriend App by Katie Sise - Around the World ARC Tours
Being Henry David by Cal Armistead - DAC ARC Tours
Crash and Burn by Michael Hassan - Around the World ARC Tours
Golden by Jessi Kirby - Around the World ARC Tours

NetGalley
The Reece Malcolm List by Amy Spalding - thank you Entangled Teen!
Revenge of the Girl With the Great Personality by Elizabeth Eulberg - thank you Scholastic!

What books came into your possession this week?
Leave your link and I'll hop by!

8 comments:

  1. Goddess?! Love that series! 3 cheers for your first unsolicited ARC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome stack of books. So many great ones too. Happy reading.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa -- you're going to be busy!!!
    I'm excited about Goddess, and I have many of the others on your list.
    Going to go see what you thought of Midwinterblood, as I just picked that up from the library :)

    Extra! Extra! My Weekly Recap

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear Pivot Point is awesome. Def can't wait to read that. You got so many good books this week. What will you start with? My Stacking The Shelves post

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow three weeks and you got some stellar books, congrats on the promotion, sorry you were sick and we have missed you, but I understand that whole time thing, I need Hermione's watch or Doctor Who to help me move around time! The Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! Wow!
    That is one amazing book haul! I wouldn't even know where to begin!
    I hope you enjoy all of them! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm kind of jealous that you got to go to the Mind Games launch. And YAY for promotions and new crushes!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!