Sunday, March 31, 2013

The Weekly-Wrap Up (25): Bueller?....Bueller?

I really have no new excuses this time as to why it's been so quiet on the blog. Work has been absolutely insane - we're doing a lot of expansion, and yours truly gets to be at the helm of it all. It's awesome, but exhausting, and I find myself barely making it home much less able to blog. this past week, I didn't open my computer from Tuesday to Friday! How ridiculous is that?!

Regardless, I am still managing to squeeze in some reading and author events. It's pretty much the only time I feel sane, so I have to do it. This weekend I am scheduling reviews, and hopefully getting together some awesome event recaps.

In case you missed it...

So, I know there were very few posts. But there was a review of The Elite (The Selection #2) by Kiera Cass, as well as another giveaway!
This one asks you to tell me your favourite book blog/gers, and you could win 2 signed books! Or at least one, if you're international.

Coming up...
A petite revue of Butter by Erin Jade Lange, regular reviews of How I Lost You by Janet Gurtler and Nantucket Blue by Leila Howard, and a fantastic Waiting on Wednesday post. I'll also tell you my surprisingly reasonable April reading goals!

Onto the books!
In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren
Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews
The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer

Purchase
Adorkable by Sarra Manning
Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally
This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith
Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare

For signings:
Rootless by Chris Howard
Also Known As by Robin Benway (x2)
Audrey, Wait by Robin Benway

For Review
The Wig in the Window by Kristen Kittscher - thank you Harper and Kristen! So excited!
The After Girls by Leah Konan - thank you Merit Press!

Won
Invisibility by Andrea Cremer and David Levithan - thank you Penguin Teen and Shelf Awareness!

Around the World ARC Tours
How I Lost You by Janet Gurtler
Right of Way by Lauren Barnholdt

Library
Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepya

NetGalley
The Heartbreak Messenger by Alexander Vance - thank you Macmillan!

And I know it's not books, but it is bookish/writerly! My brother's girlfriend gave me journals for my birthday on the 19th, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE them. Look how hilarious! My other friend Kat also gave me bookends, and I adore them - how cute and rustic! Now to finally build the shelf that they'll sit on...

What books came into your possession this week?
Leave your link and I'll hop by!

9 comments:

  1. This is such an awesome haul! I definitely want to read every book you received this week, I already have a copy of Clockwork Princess, but I need the time to get to it. Those bookends are adorable, and I love the journals too, particularly the red one, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Lots of great looking books. I'm especially interested in getting my hands on Clockwork Princess, but I may have to wait awhile. Have fun reading and with your work expansion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many great books! I can't wait to read This Is What Happy Looks Like and Clockwork Princess! Also Known As is next up on my TBR pile!

    Here's my Stacking the Shelves!

    Happy reading!

    -Lexi, the Literature Lion
    http://www.theliteraturelion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a great haul! I purchased Clockwork Princess the day it came out, but my son stole it from me. LOL

    My Sunday Post is here

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice haul of books. I hope you love them.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. That journal is amazing! Well they both are, but I love the one on the left! And your haul is crazy awesome this week! Yay!

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE THOSE JOURNALS SO MUCH!!! And now I am going to be making all of the rap songs I know into writery songs. Love. Love. Love. :) And it's okay to be quiet on the blog. Real life can be soooooo annoying sometimes (but in a good way it sounds like.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, that journal, the DMX one, that is awesome! Where can I find one of those?? :)

    Can't wait to hear all about your signings:)

    And yay for purchasing Catching Jordan! Will this be your first Miranda Kenneally read? She has become one of my favorite contemp. YA writers, love all of her books, especially Stealing Parker and Things I Can't Forget. they are pretty addicting:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. woh llots of book.
    i have very intrest to read this book.
    estetik

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!