Saturday, May 4, 2013

The Weekly Wrap-Up (27): And by "week," I mean "April."

It's been quite awhile since I did one of these! I keep meaning to, but each weekend has been filled with so many things to do or places to go. LA for the Festival of Books (which was fantastic!), Palm Springs with 9 other friends for a friend's birthday (also fun), family things...time just moves so swiftly. Work has been utterly insane, though I'm not going to whine about it here too much (mostly because if you follow me on Twitter, you've probably already heard it). Busy busy busy!

In case you missed it...
Coming up...
Truthfully, I have no idea! I've got a bunch of reviews written, but nothing formatted to put up. I'm so happy to be a tour stop on the 13th for The Summer I Became A Nerd - check out my review then! And I think I'll also review You Look Different In Real Life by Jennifer Castle. Surprises to come! (Also, the Clear Your Shelf Giveaway hop will start on Tuesday! Come back then for a fantastic prize!)


Onto the books!
In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren
Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews
The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer
Purchase
What Happened To Goodbye by Sarah Dessen 
Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi (yes, this has popped up twice. Could this mean giveaway? Maaaaaaybe.)

At the LA Times Festival of Books, for signings
Along For the Ride by Sarah Dessen
Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
House of Secrets by Chris Columbus and Ned Vizzini (so nice to have Ned back in my life again!)

Won
From Epic Reads #TeaTime #YAJeopardy
How Zoe Made Her Dreams (Mostly) Come True by Sarah Strohmeyer (read my review here!)
Light (Gone #6) by Michael Grant (a surprise, they said you'd only win 1 book!)
---thanks lovely Epic Reads girlies!

Gifted
Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry
Harlequin had them out for free at LATFOB! Thanks Harlequin! (and Cindy for alerting me :))

Library
Story's End by Marissa Burt (see my review for Storybound here!)
When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead
Blankets by Craig Thompson  -  I've been on a graphic novel kick lately, I dunno why. Blankets was interesting, in a weird way.


Around the World ARC Tours
You Look Different In Real Life by Jennifer Castle
The End Games by T. Michael Martin
Wild Awake by Hilary T. Smith
Dirty Little Secret by Jennifer Echols
September Girls by Bennett Madison

NetGalley
Burning by Elana K. Arnold - thank you Random House
Openly Straight by Bill Konigsberg - thank you Scholastic!

What books came into your possession this week?
Leave your link and I'll hop by!

2 comments:

  1. Man, I miss LATFOB... it was the BEST. :( I always got a sunburn though. :) I'm really excited for Dirty Little Secret and am really looking forward to what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo awesome new books!! Pushing the Limits and Unravel Me in particular. ;) And I've been meaning to read Code Name Verity. Everyone RAVES about it!

    I hope you enjoy your ARCs. Unfortunately Wild Awake and September Girls REALLY weren't for me. I hope you like them though! *fingers crossed*

    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!