Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: the STAR cover love edition*


Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine
meant to highlight an upcoming release we're excited for!


Across A Star-Swept Sea (For Darkness Shows the Stars #2) by Diana Peterfreund
Balzar + Bray (an imprint of HarperTeen), 464 Pages
Expected US Release Date: October 15, 2013


Centuries after wars nearly destroyed civilization, the two islands of New Pacifica stand alone, a terraformed paradise where even the Reduction—the devastating brain disorder that sparked the wars—is a distant memory. Yet on the isle of Galatea, an uprising against the ruling aristocrats has turned deadly. The revolutionaries’ weapon is a drug that damages their enemies’ brains, and the only hope is rescue by a mysterious spy known as the Wild Poppy.

On the neighboring island of Albion, no one suspects that the Wild Poppy is actually famously frivolous aristocrat Persis Blake. The teenager uses her shallow, socialite trappings to hide her true purpose: her gossipy flutternotes are encrypted plans, her pampered sea mink is genetically engineered for spying, and her well-publicized new romance with handsome Galatean medic Justen Helo… is her most dangerous mission ever.

Though Persis is falling for Justen, she can’t risk showing him her true self, especially once she learns he’s hiding far more than simply his disenchantment with his country’s revolution and his undeniable attraction to the silly socialite he’s pretending to love. His darkest secret could plunge both islands into a new dark age, and Persis realizes that when it comes to Justen Helo, she’s not only risking her heart, she’s risking the world she’s sworn to protect.

In this thrilling adventure inspired by The Scarlet Pimpernel, Diana Peterfreund creates an exquisitely rendered world where nothing is as it seems and two teens with very different pasts fight for a future only they dare to imagine.
-----------------------------Goodreads summary

Did you read my review of For Darkness Shows the Stars (if you haven't, you can here!)? Because you will know how much I love and adored and went crazy for and generally just gushed and made a fool of myself for it. I loved it, and I love that Diana is continuing on with this world. Her writing makes me feel ALL THE THINGS and oh my god I cannot wait to get swept up again. (I HEART PUNS.)
These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Megan Spooner
Disney Hyperion, 384 pages
Expected US Release Date: December 10, 2013

It's a night like any other on board the Icarus. Then, catastrophe strikes: the massive luxury spaceliner is yanked out of hyperspace and plummets into the nearest planet. Lilac LaRoux and Tarver Merendsen survive. And they seem to be alone. 

Lilac is the daughter of the richest man in the universe. Tarver comes from nothing, a young war hero who learned long ago that girls like Lilac are more trouble than they’re worth. But with only each other to rely on, Lilac and Tarver must work together, making a tortuous journey across the eerie, deserted terrain to seek help.

Then, against all odds, Lilac and Tarver find a strange blessing in the tragedy that has thrown them into each other’s arms. Without the hope of a future together in their own world, they begin to wonder—would they be better off staying here forever? 

Everything changes when they uncover the truth behind the chilling whispers that haunt their every step. Lilac and Tarver may find a way off this planet. But they won’t be the same people who landed on it.

The first in a sweeping science fiction trilogy, These Broken Stars is a timeless love story about hope and survival in the face of unthinkable odds.
-------------------------Goodreads summary
Because this seems like Across the Universe by Beth Revis and For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund mashed together, but with its own twists and elements thrown in. How could I not want to read that?! I also quite like the name Tarver - it's one I haven't heard before and I'm curious about him.

*see what I did there with my post title? Ya like that?!
What book(s) are you eagerly awaiting?
Leave your link and I'll hop by!

6 comments:

  1. I want to get my hands on both of these titles! They look so good and I love the covers too!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these pretties look amazing! Can't wait to get my hands on both of them! Thanks for sharing :)

    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear, you must have picked the two upcoming releases with the prettiest covers! I'm looking forward to reading both of these, and also being able to proudly display these on my bookshelf. Serious cover lust, right here.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE both these covers and I'm trying to read For Darkness Shows the Stars soon. I can't believe the sequel is already coming out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I CAN'T WAIT TO READ EITHER BOOK!!!! But definitely Diana's. And Meagan/Amie's. Okay. I WANT BOTH!!! :D

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot WAIT for the Diana Peterfreund book! A great friend sent me For The Darkness Shows the Stars for xmas and now I am HOOKED;))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!