Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Monthly Reads: April 2013

Monthly Reads highlights the books I've got in my TBR for that month. It's a way of sharing the ones I'm excited for and trying to relieve the pressure of "having" to read an ARC or new release.

Happy April, all! Every month, I do an absolutely insane amount of books I want to read, and I can never, ever get there. And that's fine, that's the point of the monthly reads. Some I'll get to, others I will that aren't there - there's no pressure. March was such an insane month (there wasn't even a Monthly Reads post because I knew it would be impossible) that I kind of lost a lot of reading mojo. Which is also fine! But I'm approaching April with a revised outlook: a simple amount of books because I need to find my flow again. Very few obligation/review books.

Currently reading:
  Belonging (Temptation #2) by Karen Ann Hopkins

To Read:
  Rootless by Chris Howard
  Out of the Easy by Rutya Sepya
  The After Girls by Leah Konen
  This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith
  Invisibility by Andrea Cremer and David Levithan
  The Wig in the Window by Kristen Kittscher
  Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally
  Adorkable by Sarra Manning
NetGalley (I forgot my iPad in the picture!):
  Revenge of the Girl with the Great Personality by Elizabeth Eulberg
  The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay
  Dare You To (Pushing the Limits #2) by Katie McGarry
  The Heartbreak Messenger by Alexander Vance
  The Planet Thieves by Dan Krokos

Do you ever take a month to just chill?
What books are you reading this month?

4 comments:

  1. Catching Jordan and The Revenge of the Girl with the Great Personality were really cute books! They were just the sort of contemporary I was craving a few weeks ago, and I definitely hope that you enjoy them both.

    The Sea of Tranquility and This Is What Happy Looks Like are also coming up for me, and I look forward to reading both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not wait to hear what you think of Dare You To! Also, I have This Is What Happy Looks Like sitting next to my bed. I was staring at it longingly for a while, when I was supposed to be reading my library book. I have too many library books out now, but I think I'm going to take a couple days to really dig into my books and get through them, because there are SO MANY that I want to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Is What Happy Looks Like and Invisibility look amazing! Can't wait to read. I'm also pretty excited for Dare You To. Can't wait to see what you think of these pretties!

    Happy Reading,
    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got This Is What Happy Looks Like last week - I've heard so many great things about it, I can't wait to pick it up :) Great selection of books, hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!