Sunday, April 7, 2013

The Weekly Wrap-Up (26)

It's been a rough week, guys. Work was really long and for some reason it hit me hard - I had problems sleeping every night, so everything seemed to drag. It took it's toll on my mood, which is why I tried not to review, tweet, or instagram anything because I could feel all my negativity and didn't want to take it out on anyone or anything. I still feel like I'm in recovery mode, but I'm seeing a little sunshine at least - which counts for everything.

In case you missed it...
> I reviewed The Boyfriend App by Katie Sise, which was...quite different than expected.
> I also broke every rule possible in my Top Ten Tuesday by choosing SIXTEEN boys, and doing an extra bonus part. But how do you expect me to whittle down book boyfriends?! Impossible, I tell you.
> April is also looking to be a relaxing reading month, filled with some great contemps.

Notable...
My Birthday Celebration/Blogger Love Giveaway is still going on!
Tell me your favourite book blog/gers to win 2 signed books! Or at least one, if you're international.

Coming up...
A petite revue of Butter by Erin Jade Lange, regular reviews of How I Lost You by Janet Gurtler and Nantucket Blue by Leila Howard, and a fantastic Waiting on Wednesday post.

Onto the books!
In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren
Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews
The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer
Birthday Gifted
from the ever-amazing Sierra @ Yearning To Read - thanks girlie!
Incarceron and Sapphique by Catherine Fischer
Such A Rush by Jennifer Echols (my first J. Echols!)
100 Cupboards by ND Wilson

Purchase
This Lullaby and Lock & Key by Sarah Dessen
They were both on sale at Ralph's, and they're 2 of my favourite Dessens - couldn't pass it up!

Around the World ARC Tours
Born of Illusion by Teri Brown 
All I Need by Susane Colasanti

Won
Icons by Margaret Stohl - thanks so much Little, Brown and Shelf Awareness!

NetGalley
Dare You To (Pushing the Limits #2) by Katie McGarry - thank you Harlequin Teen!

What books came into your possession this week?
Leave your link and I'll hop by!

9 comments:

  1. You got some really good ones this week! Yay! I got Icons too!

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a better week this week! Also, happy late birthday!

    Happy reading!
    Michelle @ Playing Jokers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't sleep any good, either. (It's 3am right now, and I just can't close my eyes and find some rest.) Maybe it's the wheather. D:

    Great books you've got though, so Happy Reading and Happy Belated Birthday!

    Patricia // My Week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you had a bad week! Hope this one is much better *hugs* Enjoy all your new awesome books by the way :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO VERY EXCITED for Born of Illusion!! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeeeeeek!! Yay!! :) You are so welcome!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I want to read a Sarah Dessen AND Jennifer Echols. They both sound like authors who are perfect for me, but I never get around to reading them. I can't wait to hear what you think of Dare You To.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Incarceron and Sapphique are two of my favorite books. Happy birthday!

    Enjoy all your books!

    The Monster Report

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!