Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine
meant to highlight an upcoming release we're excited for!

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
St. Martin's Griffin, 416 Pages
Expected US Release Date: September 10, 2013


In Rainbow Rowell's Fangirl, Cath is a Simon Snow fan. Okay, the whole world is a Simon Snow fan, but for Cath, being a fan is her life—and she’s really good at it. She and her twin sister, Wren, ensconced themselves in the Simon Snow series when they were just kids; it’s what got them through their mother leaving.

Reading. Rereading. Hanging out in Simon Snow forums, writing Simon Snow fan fiction, dressing up like the characters for every movie premiere.

Cath’s sister has mostly grown away from fandom, but Cath can’t let go. She doesn’t want to.

Now that they’re going to college, Wren has told Cath she doesn’t want to be roommates. Cath is on her own, completely outside of her comfort zone. She’s got a surly roommate with a charming, always-around boyfriend, a fiction-writing professor who thinks fan fiction is the end of the civilized world, a handsome classmate who only wants to talk about words . . . And she can’t stop worrying about her dad, who’s loving and fragile and has never really been alone.

For Cath, the question is: Can she do this? Can she make it without Wren holding her hand? Is she ready to start living her own life? Writing her own stories? Open her heart to someone?

Or will she just go on living inside somebody else’s fiction?
----------------------------Goodreads summary
Have I made it clear yet how much I fucking LOVE Rainbow Rowell? Because you can see it here in my review of Eleanor & Park, and how she's one of my insta-read authors, and you will in my upcoming review of Attachments, her phenomenal adult novel...basically, I am Rainbow's fan girl FOREVER. (Ya see how I worked that in?!) This sounds like a fantastically cute and meaningful novel about becoming your own person, and I am so, SO excited to see what Rainbow Rowell does with it. Can I seriously just have a copy now?!

(Also, how cute is that cover? She always has the best covers. Love love love.)

What book are you eagerly awaiting?
Leave your link and I'll hop by!

8 comments:

  1. This one has been on my radar for awhile and I can't wait to read it too! Great pick!


    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already have this book on my to-read list and I'm really excited about it. I hope you enjoy reading it when it comes out. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw this one already before, but it's not my type of read.. Anyway, thanks dfor sharing :D
    Waiting on Wednesday
    Books That Made Me Think

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never read anything from this author! Eleanor and Park is insanely popular right now so I should probably read it right? This looks great too. Thanks for sharing <3

    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, I am SUPER excited about this book. I cannot wait to read it (especially as an avid fangirl myself!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, yes, a resounding YES! Super excited to read this one too. I featured on a recent WoW as well:)

    Ps. Sent Wild Awake out to you yesterday. Anxious to hear your thoughts! I think you are going to like it:)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. THIS. thisthisthisthisthisthisthisthis.

    Rainbow Rowell and her books are my current book obsession. I am positively DYING for this one. THANK GOD that her first book, Attachments, is arriving in my mailbox today. I am going through Rainbow withdrawal. (Which may or may not make me sound like a stalker...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so good! I picked up Eleanor & Park from the library today and I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!