Sunday, September 1, 2013

The Weekly Wrap-Up (29): Happy September

Well...it has been awhile. Much longer than usual.
I have excuses, and most of them are work-related. I've always been a workaholic, which is what made this blog flourish when I was unemployed. But now that I'm focusing on a job, I put in 60 hour weeks and don't think twice how it will affect the rest of my life, you know? I'm trying hard to back down because I definitely made myself sick and stress myself out when I work so many hours, but it's tough. When you really care about something (who ever though I'd say that about a job?!), you want to put your all into it.
But aside from work things, there's been a lot going on with various friends and my family. And I'm working on finding the balance. In the mean time, I still read voraciously and am around. You'll see me on GoodReads a lot as I track things and keep up there.
I'm getting a schedule going for the rest of the year though, and I thoroughly plan on being a part of the book blogging world again. More review to be posted, some wrap-ups and holiday things; and I'm going to visit all my old blog friends and find new ones.

In case you missed it...
Coming up...
Reviews of The Infinite Moment of Us by Lauren Myracle and Reality Boy by AS King; a Waiting on Wednesday I'm REALLY excited for; and I'm hosting a giveaway for the Sequels Giveaway Hop!
 
Onto the books!
In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren
Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews
The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer

I was thinking of trying to catch up all the books I've received since my last Weekly Wrap-Up (back in June!!), but I'd seriously just have to photograph a bookcase. So, I decided to start fresh and only do the books I've received this week.
Perfect Ruin (The Internment Chronicles #1) by Lauren Destefano, via Around the World Tours - thank you!
The Lucy Variations by Sara Zarr (ARC), via YA Book Exchange - thanks Lisa!
Breathe by Sarah Crossan (ARC), via YA Book Exchange - thanks Lisa!
The Mark of Athena (Heroes of Olympus #3) by Rick Riordan, borrowed from a friend - thanks Brandon!
Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass #2) by Sarah J. Maas, purchased (and SO excited for!)
Sisterland by Curtis Sittenfeld, borrowed from the library.

What books came into your possession recently?
Leave your link and I'll hop by!

10 comments:

  1. Great haul! I can't wait to read DeStefano's new book. Happy reading.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul! I loved Crown of Midnight. Good luck on getting more balance in your life. I know how hard that is. Come see what I got at Ms. Martin Teaches Media and Inside of a Dog. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love Rick Riordan around here. :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore the cover of Breathe, but I haven't read it yet :( Enjoy all your books! :)

    My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Mark of Athena! It's awesome that you got Perfect Ruin...I love the Chemical Garden trilogy so hopefully it'll be really good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been in and out of the blogging world, too, but I've missed you! Also--you are going to LOVE Crown of Midnight. Mark of Athena ends on a cliffhanger, but luckily House of Hades comes out soooo soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!