Saturday, October 13, 2012

The Weekly Wrap-Up (14)


Thanks to the magic of scheduling posts, nobody knew that I've been without internet all week! As I type this, I'm at a Starbucks near my house. Our router at home went kaput, so I've been without and unable to return any comments :( I hope to have a new one installed this weekend though!

In case you missed it...
Quirky and I love it. 4 Stars.

Sigh.

I can barely stand the wait.

A fabulous look at friendship with a unique presentation. 4.5 Stars

Coming up this week...
Shanon reviews Entwined by Heather Dixon
I review For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund (spoiler: LOVE) and Beta by Rachel Cohn!
(apparently it's beautiful cover week!)
Also, a Waiting on Wednesday pick that I know you all share. I just know.

Onto the book haul!
In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren
Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews
The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer

Library
The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin
When I was at the Keeper of the Lost Cities launch, I was in line with my friend Andrea Ortega and she spotted this on the shelf and said it was one of her favourites. I had to check it out! It sounds like a fab novel just based on the synopsis, at least - and I trust Andrea :)

Purchased
Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan
One of my favourites, and it's a holiday book! Finally own it :) I'll be giving away a copy next month, too!

Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini
Timeless by Alexandra Monir
Eve by Anna Carey
There's a reason why I bought all these this week, but my lips are sealed as to why ;) Hopefully you'll find out next week!

Small, but a seriously great haul this week.

What books came into your possession?
Leave your link and I'll hop by!

13 comments:

  1. Nice collection :) I'm planning on ordering Breathe by Sarah Crossan sometime this week. Love your blog by the way:P If you have time could you stop by mine and maybe leave a comment or something so I know you came by???
    Ruby - http://feedmebooksnow.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wohoo Peterfreund, I am really curious about that one

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to pick up For Darkness Shows the Stars, too, I hear it's amazing! Wonderful haul!

    Giselle @ Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beta looks really good, I'm interested in checking that one out. And Eve is on my TBR list along with the other ones in the series.

    Check out my IMM & SP.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is exactly why I schedule my posts weeks in advance, at least you have a wonderful excuse to buy coffee..yum and its pumpkin latte season! Awesome week on the blog and your book haul..Heaven! Eve is on my wishlist, look forward to reading your thoughts on it. Hope you are connected again soon. Thanks for being a part of The Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome books this week. I really need to read Starcrossed. I've heard such great things about it. Happy reading!

    Here’s my Stacking The Shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I understand internet issues completely. Great book haul this week. Hope next week is great for you.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's The Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all new titles to me. Yay for expanding ever further the TBR list!

    New follower!

    Check out my IMM & SP.

    Holly @ Words Fueled by Love

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to see the review about Entwined; I loved that book :)

    Timeless is great! I can't wait for Timekeeper.
    Eve is pretty good. I still want to read Starcrossed.

    Happy reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. You got a lot of great books this week. I'm sorry about your internet troubles, hopefully your new router will work great. :)

    This Week's Book Haul on Melissa's Midnight Musings

    ReplyDelete
  11. You got some really interesting books. Two of your books are brand new to me.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  12. Starcrossed, though humongous, is definitely worth the read! Loved that book. Enjoy all your awesome reads and definitely looking forward to reading your thoughts on Beta!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!