Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Monthly Reads: October 2012

Monthly Reads is a feature highlighting the books I've got in my TBR for that month. It's a way of sharing the ones I'm excited for and trying to relieve the pressure of "having" to read an ARC or new release.

September was actually really successful for me! Of the 11 books shared here, I read 8 of them! I did also read 3 unplanned ones, but that was expected that to happen. Hooray! I hope to keep it up for October. I know I'm being ambitious with the quantity I've got pictured, but when I was scanning my shelves for books that felt like good October reads I just kept pulling choices! We'll see how it goes!
Feel like good books to lead up to Halloween:
  The Diviners by Libba Bray
  Crewel by Ginnifer Albin
  Black City by Elizabeth Richards
  Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard
  Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan*

In Progress:
  Keeper of the Lost Cities by Shannon Messenger
  The Forsaken by Lisa M. Stasse

To-Read:
  Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
  Burn For Burn by Jenny Han and Sioban Vivian
  52 Reasons to Hate My Father by Jessica Brody
  Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
  Ex-Mas by Kate Brian
  The Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
  Send Me A Sign by Tiffany Schmidt
  Love and Other Perishable Items by Laura Buzo (which is apparently now called Good Oil?)*

 *represented by the iPad since they're on NetGalley!

So, yes: ambitious. I know. But I just want to read them all so badly!

Have you read any? Which should I start with?
What are you planning to read in October?

5 comments:

  1. I really want to read The Diviners! I've heard great things about Something Strange and Deadly too, so I can't wait to see what you think of it. You've got so many awesome books on your list for October, I hope you enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, nice picks! I'm planning on reading The Diviners too, although the sheer size of it kind of intimidates me.

    As for the ones I've read...

    Crewel was imaginative, and I'm very curious about the world and what happens next.
    Scarlet is asdkgjldgjkadgjd AMAZING. I can't believe I have to wait till 2014 for Cress.
    Burn for Burn is like Mean Girls x Revenge, at least to me. It's really good!
    52 Reasons to Hate My Father is so funny! Totally reminds me of a DCOM.
    The Perks of Being a Wallflower is quietly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Just picked up The Diviners from the library this afternoon! I'm super excited - especially since it'll be my first time reading Libba Bray.

    I recently finished Unspoken and it seems like I'm in the minority. I LOVED the first half (omg LOOOOOVED it) but the latter half really disappointed me.

    Whichever book you pick, though, I really hope you love it and I can't wait to see what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Shatter Me, Something Strange and Deadly and The Perks of Being a Wallflower! I've added sooo many books to my October TBR list...double than what I was able to read last month, but I hope to get through them all. I also want to read Crewel soon, but we'll see if I have the time to. :) I hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to hear what you think about Keeper!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!