Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Just One Day by Gayle Forman

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine
meant to highlight an upcoming release we're excited for!

Just One Day (Just One Day #1) by Gayle Forman
Dutton Juvenile, 320 Pages
Expected US Release Date: January 8, 2013


A breathtaking journey toward self-discovery and true love, from the author of If I Stay

When sheltered American good girl Allyson "LuLu" Healey first meets laid-back Dutch actor Willem De Ruiter at an underground performance of Twelfth Night in England, there’s an undeniable spark. After just one day together, that spark bursts into a flame, or so it seems to Allyson, until the following morning, when she wakes up after a whirlwind day in Paris to discover that Willem has left. Over the next year, Allyson embarks on a journey to come to terms with the narrow confines of her life, and through Shakespeare, travel, and a quest for her almost-true-love, to break free of those confines.

Just One Day is the first in a sweepingly romantic duet of novels. Willem’s story—Just One Year—is coming soon!
---------------------Goodreads summary


When I went to the YA or Bust Tour earlier this year (recap here!), Gayle was telling us a lot about her new duet novels, Just One Day and Just One Year. I already love Gayle - her books are absolutely breathtaking magic, and she herself is so hilarious and witty and intelligent. I want to hang out with her all the time. And then the premise of these novels? I can't. I just need. All of it. Now.

It is up on Edelweiss, but I've only ever requested once on there before and was denied (I don't even remember what book it was...), so my hopes are not high for this one. Regardless, I will read this the SECOND it is available to me.

What book are you eagerly awaiting?
Leave your link and I'll hop by!

9 comments:

  1. We've the same book for WoW, yay!
    Here's my Wednesday post..
    Have a great day!
    *New GFC follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh yes a popular pick! I LOVED If I Stay and Where she went and I am dying for this!!!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sure has been popular lately! I'm not a fan of the blurry cover, very overdone lately but the book itself does sound interesting. Thanks for sharing! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, this is a great pick! I like the cover, I think it goes well with what the story is about. I am definitely looking forward to this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay! LOVE Gayle Forman. Feel free to stop by and check mine out...
    http://asoutherngirlsbookshelf.blogspot.com/2012/10/wow-pick-of-week-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excited doesn't even cover what I'm feeling for this book! It sounds so interesting, I loved If I Stay and Where She Went so I can't wait to fall in love with this one too.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pick. It's been around a lot lately. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh! I think I have another book I need to add to my TBR list!!! Thanks. Please check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so excited to read this series! I can't wait. I requested this on Edelweiss the day it went up, but I haven't heard anything yet. Still holding out hope for both of us to get approved!
    Waiting For Wentworth

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!