Monday, October 8, 2012

Top Ten Books I Was Dying To Read...And Still Haven't

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the fab ladies at The Broke and the Bookish!

This week was a rewind, so I chose...
Top Ten Books I Just HAD To Buy...
And They're Still On My Shelf.
I also had to limit it to books acquired this year, because if this were to go back into my archives...well. It's just sad how many books I've got that I've not read yet and was so sure they'd be my immediate favourites!


Bossypants by Tina Fey
I wanted this book SO badly it was the only one I put on my Christmas wishlist to ensure I would get it. And I did! I just haven't read it yet.

Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley
Hunted up and down for this bad boy, but it was sold out and waiting for the Printz stickers to be put on. The moment it was printed again, I went out to the store and got it.

Take A Bow by Elizabeth Eulberg
Illuminate by Aimee Agresti
Both are ones I wanted SO badly, I ordered them online - which I never, ever do. I'm still dying to read Take A Bow, but for some reason I keep putting it off.

The List by Siobhan Vivian
Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson
I bought these both before they were officially available - I saw the boxes come in at BN and wheedled my way with the employees to sell them to me early.

Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne
Snapped 'em up because i'd heard such wonderful things, plus I was meeting them that night for the Fierce Reads tour. I was so so excited to read after hearing Leigh and Emmy talk about their books, too!

Prodigy (Legend #2) by Marie Lu
The Diviners by Libba Bray
Two of the Three I was absolutely DYING for at ALA - squealing and jumping actually occurred when I was able to get ARCs. And yet...still unread. Sigh.

I have a lot of work to do, obviously. Oh books, why must you all be so wonderful?!

What book did you DIE for and still haven't read?
Leave your links (to any TTT!) and I'll hop by!

12 comments:

  1. I have so many books I bought and never even picked up since then :X It's like a disease. :L

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so eagerly anticipating Prodigy, and it's release date has come and gone and I still haven't read it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been so busy lately, that I feel like this is the only kind of book I buy... that being said... get a move on for Where Things Come Back!!!!!!!!!! So good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many of these books I haven't read either and have been DYING TO. Like Shadow & Bone I have and haven't read. I want to read "Take A Bow" and "Monument 14" and "Illuminate" soooo badly!!!

    I love our similar tastes :) We should do a read-along, ok? That would be so much fun!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. The list, Illuminate, Momentum 14, The diviners, great books! I also have an unread copy from Shadow and bone, but I'm planning on reading it soon :)

    TTT @thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I picked up Shadow and Bone and Monument 14 for the Fierce Reads tour too - I actually got to read them (after the tour, but still) and they're both really good! Hope you enjoy when you get around to them :)
    PS - Love that you took a picture of all of them too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Second Chance Summer is such a fantastic book! I have so many books that I've bought but haven't read yet, and it makes me sad, as I know I'd love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh you must read Shadow and Bone! Now! I want to pick up The Diviners, but I'm afraid it will just sit on my shelf too.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could definitely have a similiar list!! Like Confessions of an Angry Girl, why is it still sitting on my table?? Cool idea for a list this week :) Here's My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Second Chance Summer and Shadow & Bone are two books I'm also dying to read and have not gotten to yet. Grrr! They both look awesome!

    Racquel @ The Book Barbies♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel you. My to-read stack on my shelf is ginormous. But may I just say, "Get thee to Shadow & Bone ASAP!"

    My TTT: http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-10-tuesday-rewind-top-ten-bookish.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh girl, you need to get on Shadow and Bone (it's quick) and The Diviners (not so quick but WELL worth it!) I am totally not one to talk, I have a ton of books just as good littering my bookshelf as well!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!