Monday, September 3, 2012

Monthly Reads: September 2012

The last few weeks of August, I did this thing (privately, not on my blog) where I made a small pile of books that I wanted to read. Not ones I felt I had to, but the ones that I really wanted to. Some of them were new releases, others were older, some were ARCs releasing soon, and still some were ARCs of later releases or earlier ones. The point of it was that I got to see a pile of books that I was excited for, not so much an obligation - and surprisingly, it worked really well! I finished most and at least started the rest, and it reinvigorated my reading mojo.

So I've decided that I'm going to try that again! And this time, publicly declare it on the blog :) Hopefully I'll stick to it better, but I'm trying this as a "no pressure" situation - if I read the book, cool. If I don't get to it, that's cool too.

I'm kind of cheating in that I prepped for this post a few days ago, and since then I've finished a few of these books already. But they started in my September pile and are in the pictures, so let's stick with it!


Already Read:
 Ten by Gretchen McNeil
 Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

In Progress:
 The Other Normals by Ned Vizzini
 Meant To Be by Lauren E. Morrill*
 Temptation by Karen Ann Hopkins

To-Read in September:
 Burn For Burn by Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian
 If I Lie by Corrine Jackson
 Between You & Me by Marisa Calin
 Every Day by David Levithan
 Butter by Erin Jade Lange*
 Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan*

*represented by the iPad in the picture, since they're from NetGalley!

Tell me, have you read any of these? Loved them? Hated them?
What are you reading this month?

4 comments:

  1. I just finished Temptation and reviewed it on my blog last Friday. I'm interested in reading your thoughts about it. It took me forever to write the review because I want to discuss it more than review it. There was so much going on with the main characters, the community and their customs. I'll check back to read what you have to say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun! I'm so excited to hear about Meant to Be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to hear what you think of The Other Normals.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!