Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine
meant to highlight an upcoming release we're excited for!

This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith
Poppy, 416 Pages
Expected US Release Date: April 2, 2013

If fate sent you an email, would you answer?

In This is What Happy Looks Like, Jennifer E. Smith's new YA novel, perfect strangers Graham Larkin and Ellie O'Neill meet—albeit virtually—when Graham accidentally sends Ellie an email about his pet pig, Wilbur. In the tradition of romantic movies like "You've Got Mail" and "Sleepless in Seattle," the two 17-year-olds strike up an email relationship, even though they live on opposite sides of the country and don't even know each other's first names.

Through a series of funny and poignant messages, Graham and Ellie make a true connection, sharing intimate details about their lives, hopes and fears. But they don't tell each other everything; Graham doesn't know the major secret hidden in Ellie's family tree, and Ellie is innocently unaware that Graham is actually a world-famous teen actor living in Los Angeles.

When the location for the shoot of Graham's new film falls through, he sees an opportunity to take their relationship from online to in-person, managing to get the production relocated to picturesque Henley, Maine, where Ellie lives. But can a star as famous as Graham have a real relationship with an ordinary girl like Ellie? And why does Ellie's mom want her to avoid the media's spotlight at all costs?

Just as they did in The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight, the hands of fate intervene in wondrous ways in this YA novel that delivers on high concept romance in lush and thoughtful prose.
--------------------Goodreads summary


Sleepless In Seattle AND You've Got Mail?! YGM is one of my two favourite movies (Love, Actually is the other), so any comparisons to that will immediately sell me to a book -- but then you read the summary, and how exquisitely perfect does this sound?! I'm in love with it already. Jennifer E. Smith's The Statistical Probability of Love At First Sight (read my review here!) is one of my favourite contemporaries, and this one sounds dangerously close to equalling it.

Also, I'm really attracted to those names. They just feel right, as though it fits in with this plotline. I've never really had that feeling with a book before I've read it, but I figure that has to be a good sign :)

What book are you eagerly awaiting?
Leave your link in the comments!

PS. Have you entered my Follower Appreciation Giveaway yet? FIVE winners, one of which is international!

14 comments:

  1. OMG. Those two movies mingled together? = TOTAL EPICNESS. LOVE her Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight. SSOO looking forward to this one ;)

    Far @ Tumbling In Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice pick! I can't wait to get hold of this book as well.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick. I'm shallow and love books featuring movie stars. Sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure if I'm interested in this one but I hope you enjoy it when you get the chance to read it. Nice pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight, but I actually think I like the sounds of this one better! Great pick!

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I'm waiting for this one too! I just finished The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight and it was so stinkin cute! Can't wait to read more by Jennifer E Smith :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read The statistical, but I love the long titles :D I want to read them both!

    Take a look at my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ashley Ashley Ashley Ashley Ashley Ashley!!! Ummm, ok, so you have noooo idea how flipping excited I am for this one!! Statistical is seriously, like, one of the top 5 best books I've read this year, and one of my all time favorites, ever. I want to own every stinking thing Smith writes and has written! :D

    Great share - I think I'll steal this WOW next week :)

    Sierra @ Yearning to Read

    ReplyDelete
  9. DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE... I'm not sure i can say anything else... just... omg. i have to have it!!!!! how did i not know about this?????

    ReplyDelete
  10. I pre-ordered it and now I feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I picked this for my choice this week too! It just sounds like a perfect contemporary read, I can't wait to get my hands on it.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw this somewhere last week and am really excited for the release!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome pick! I'm really excited for this! After reading Statistical Probability I can't wait to read more of Jennifer's books!

    My WoW

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!