Monday, September 24, 2012

Top Ten Series I Haven't Read/Finished


Top Ten Series
I Haven't Read or Finished Yet
(The topic is actually series not finished, but there are so few I've left hanging I had to expand it a bit.)
I say it all the time here: I rarely start series until they're finished, because I just can't imagine having to wait. So yes, I am aware that I'm absolutely crazy to have not started most of these series yet, and that I'm probably missing out on some fantastic books.

Started, But Not Finished

The Uglies series by Scott Westerfield
I really like this one, I'm not certain why I've not finished it - I've got Specials and Extras left to read.

I read the first one, and I liked it fine - but I just haven't picked it back up. Maybe one day.

The Erec Rex series by Kaza Kingsley
I ADORED this MG series when I started it, and I actually had no idea a fourth one was coming out until I saw it in stores a bit ago. I checked the fourth one out from the library and started it, but never finished before it had to be returned. I'll finish this one eventually, I'm sure of it.

The Jessica Darling series by Megan McCafferty
I know. I KNOW. I loved Sloppy Firsts (review here!), and of course Marcus Flutie, and I want to have these all read by the time her MG books focusing on Jessica pre-Hope moving away comes out - I even have Second Helpings sitting on my shelf!

The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
I know this one isn't done yet, but I haven't read City of Lost Souls yet either. I barely remember City of Fallen Angels as it is...

Haven't Started Yet
(aka, I KNOW! STOP YELLING AT ME!)


The Divergent series by Veronica Roth
The Delirium series by Lauren Oliver
The Wolves of Mercy Falls series by Maggie Stiefvater
The Chaos Walking series by Patrick Ness
The Paranormalcy series by Kiersten White

What series are unfinished for you?
Leave your link and I'll hop by!

9 comments:

  1. You'll have one less person who won't yell at you. I haven't started Shiver trilogy too. High five on that! ;)

    Fara @ Tumbling In Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG JESSICA DARLING... okay, done now. I'm at the same place with the Uglies series and I'm really enjoying Divergent. I'm also behind on the Mortal Instruments... I read City of Fallen Angels when it came out, but I want to read the books in release date order, so I'm two behind if you include Clockwork Prince from the Infernal Devices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started Uglies, and I have a feeling I'm going to have to wait a while to read the rest of them. Divergent, Delirium, and Paranormalcy are all really great series! Awesome list! Here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley, if you don't read Delirium and Divergent ASAP I'm going to personally come over and read them out loud to you. Ok? Ok. hahaha ;) But seriously. We're going to have a talk on Thursday when I see you... >:| (That's my "I'm watching you..." face. hahaha)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on the Mortal Instruments series. And I still haven't started Jessica Darling. I've only read the first Paranormalcy, but it's cute. Good idea to wait until the last book is out before starting Delirium and Divergent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read the Chaos Walking trilogy either! It's been so long ago since I read Shiver, I'll probably need to read it before I continue on with the series.

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  7. Read The Jessica Darling Series Now. That is all.

    Seriously, I love this series and I had to wait 10 years to finish it. I read Sloppy Firsts when it was first published and anxiously waited as each book came out sometimes a year or two between books. So what are you waiting for?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to insist you read Divergent because it's so good! Veronica Roth is awesome. I find myself invested in her characters and fascinated by the world she's created!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Divergent <3 And Paranormalcy is so funny and fluffy. Evie is adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!