Friday, September 7, 2012

Friday Memes: Follow Friday (17) and Book Blogger Hop (2)

Follow Friday is hosted by Alison Can Read and Parajunkee's View, meant to spotlight two blogs and allows bloggers to link up and meet other fabulous bookish friends and share the Following love!

This week's spotlight blogs are: Books With Bite & Fantasy Book Chick

And the question of the week is:
What are you reading right now? How do you like it?

I JUST finished Meant To Be by Lauren Morrill, and you guys...I AM IN LOVE. I know it doesn't come out until November, but I want it NOW. I finished it and immediately wanted to reread. It is so, so good.


Currently, I'm reading three books:
The Other Normals by Ned Vizzini.
We all know I love him, and this book follows through on my love so far. I'm a little over halfway through, and I think it's creative and funny and a bit awkward and wholey endearing. It's also quite original and a bit unlike what I was expecting - in a good way.

Temptation by Karen Ann Hopkins.
I'm only ~50 pages in so I can't judge it yet, but definitely a case of insta-love and a lot more "tell" in the writing than "show." Normally those are two things that I can't take, but I'm so curious what will happen and about the Amish culture in general that I will power through.

Every Day by David Levithan.
Again, I'm only about ~30 pages in, but I love love love David Levithan, and so far, this is looking to be my favourite of his. Which definitely means something.

What are you reading right now?
Leave me your link and I'll hop by!
And of course I'd love to return a follow if you are kind enough to follow me :)
Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Crazy For Books
Q: What book series do you never want to see end?
This is a funny question for me, because I continually say that I rarely start series until they are completely finished since I'm too impatient.

That said! I am loathe to see the Across the Universe trilogy end, simply because I love Amy and Elder together so much that I want them to continue forever. I'm also...well, I do want to see it end so I can finally find out what the hell happens, but I will be sad when both The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare come to an end. I know the Shadowhunters will continue, but those books are the start of it all, you know? It will be sad.



What series do you want to continue forever?
Tell me in the comments or leave a link!


PS. Make sure you check out the right sidebar for some awesome giveaways!
Follower Appreciation: FIVE winners, one of which is INT!

17 comments:

  1. I want Bloodlines to continue forever, or that the author after this is finished writing another series from the world vampire academy. I love these books and can not get enough of them;) Love the Clockwork princess cover. So beautiful:) Have the first book in that series and am really looking forward to reading it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As much as I might like a series, I don't want them to go on forever. But I loved VA and I need to start reading Bloddlines soon. I've heard so many good things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to not start series until they are finished as well. I'm not good at waiting for the next one to come out (I'm the same way with television shows.)
    Here's My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is long series.

    The only series I read was a long time ago...they were by John Jakes....can't even remember the books, but the series was good. I guess I am telling my age. :)

    Enjoy your books.

    Have a fun hop and stop by for giveaways on my blog if you like.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard good things about Across the Universe series.. I will need to look into it! Mortal Instruments looks cool too, I haven't gotten into it yet, but it is on my TBR.

    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wanting to read Meant to Be since I first heard about it, so glad you enjoyed it! New follower :)
    My ff: World of Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so excited to read Meant to Be! I can't wait till it finally comes out in November :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Meant to be is still on my list! Temptation was my first DNF this year, unfortunately. Every day is supposed to be really good and it sounds like a heartbreaking story! Happy reading :D

    Visit my FF.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cover of Meant to Be looks extremely cute, and the cover of Every Day looks alluring somehow! Great covers, great summaries... I expect a great book. New Follower.

    Sydney @ Starry Storm

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was considering doing MI for my hop! I love that series :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah! I've read Every Day and LOVED it! It was amazing!! :D
    And now you left me wanting to read Meant to Be! *pout* lol

    My FF!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so behind on TMI... next readathon, I'm just going to focus on Cassie Clare I think.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the mortal instruments series but I've yet to pick up the infernal devices series! Great blogger hop - mines here http://bookswritingtea.wordpress.com/2012/09/08/what-book-series-do-you-never-want-to-see-end-book-blogger-hop/
    Love your blog - new follower.
    Laura @ bookswritingtea

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi,
    I'm a new follower, via Feature and Follow. My FF post can be found here: http://rinnreads.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/feature-follow-1.html =)
    I just read a collection of essays on the Hunger Games, and Ned Vizzini wrote one - one of the ones I enjoyed the most, actually! The review is on my blog, just finished it today =)
    Rinn

    ReplyDelete
  15. These reads all look wonderful!

    I'm your newest GFC follower. :)

    Would love for you to check out my FF at Between the Bind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. New follower here!! I've not read any of your currently reading, but your enthusiasm about the book you just finished makes me want to read it XD

    I've read the first Across the Universe and really loved it, but haven't read any of the others yet (or is there only one other out at the moment?)
    It was really great though, I was so impressed that it was absolutely Science Fiction without anything else mixed in.

    http://littlesqueed.blogspot.com/2012/09/book-blogger-hop-and-follow-me-friday.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!