Sunday, June 24, 2012

Checking in from ALA (and my sorry excuse for a Stacking the Shelf post!)

Hi all! Still tucked away in Anaheim enjoying ALA Annual - seriously, if you ever get a chance to make it out to one of these events, I cannot even stress how much I encourage it. To be around all things books and bookish people is an absolute treat.

Obviously I'll type up an entire recap later in the week after I recover from all the excitement (my feet hate me so hard right now!), but I just wanted to say hello! I miss you fellow bloggers! If you've met me the past few days, make sure you say hi, either by leaving a comment or on twitter or facebook or email me or anything! Comments helpful if you have your own blog so I can make sure to follow you :) If you haven't met me the past few days, and you could have...please say hi today!

I've met so many amazing bloggers, authors, publishers, publicists, agents, any-and-all bookish people over the last couple days I'm positively overwhelmed and grateful to have even been regarded as one among them. I've never been happier to be a part of the book community. I've been a horrible blogger though because I've taken absolutely ZERO photos :( Day 1 was too crazy for me to even try, and Day 2 my phone was dying. Maybe I can scrounge some up today or from others, but I apologize in advance for a non-photo recap to come!

Since I'm not at home and haven't been since Tuesday, I can't do a real Stacking the Shelf - and I'm too cut on time to make a proper Weekly Wrap-Up. So, that will all be done next week! For now, I wanted to leave you with a teaser photo of Day 1 from ALA :) I'd include everything from the past 2 days but we left the other bags in our car since we didn't want to lug them up to the hotel room haha.
Can you guess what the book behind this first one is?
I've been waffling about making a post with all the books I've acquired since I don't want to come across as greedy/ungrateful/hoarding/rude/othernegativethings, but I'm seriously excited about each and every one I picked up. Are those posts in bad taste? Should I make one anyway? Tell me!

Off to finish packing, then onto my final day at ALA! Hope everyone had a wonderful week and weekend!

PS. If you leave your Stacking the Shelf/Mailbox/weekly haul link in my comments, I'll still hop by when I get home tonight!

14 comments:

  1. I like reading those posts! :) Especially because I get to check out all the new books that I wouldn't otherwise know about. Is that Crewel behind The Diviners? O.o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really good point, it never occurred to me that it functions as a "coming soon" type of post too! Thanks for the feedback, I think I'm definitely going to make a post soon with the books :)

      Not Crewel, though I did manage to get that one! The cover is GORGEOUS in real life, I just want to prop it on my bookshelf and stare all day haha.

      Delete
  2. Glad you are having fun. I say yes make the post. I don't have a clue as to what is behind The Diviners. I have not heard of this one. Hope you enjoy all of your books.

    Nancy @ The Avid Reader

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your input! I think I will be making a post with the books, hopefully it goes over well!

      Delete
  3. STORMDANCER! Do I win the book? haha. I can NOT wait to see your recap!!

    Racquel @ The Book Barbies♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CORRECT!! I am so impressed you got that, such a small sliver of a hint! I've promised to loan it to a friend after I read it, but as soon as she gives it back I may do a giveaway with it :) Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  4. Wow, I'm dying to see what books you got! I don't think they're in bad taste as long as bloggers actually promote/review them and aren't taking multiple copies. And yes, that looks like Stormdancer! I'm so excited for that one; looks amaaaazing. Can't wait to see your recap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your input! I definitely agree, as long as people who have the books understand the function of them, it's ok...at least, that's how I've always felt when I see others who do the posts! I hope I'm able to convey that I do have the correct intentions for the books in the post =/

      And yep, Stormdancer it is! It does sound amazing, I can't wait to read it!

      Delete
  5. I love reading about the books you pick up each week. You don't come across negatively in any way at all! Post 'em girl! :) We wanna see what ya got! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you! I think I am going to do them, I'm too excited not to share and squeal with readers!

      Delete
  6. P.S.~ You're going to Comic-Con?!? *jealous* :) If you happen to meet any actors who were in the show Heroes, I'd like to live vicariously through ya for those days, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am! Only for 2 days in the convention center (possibly 3), but I'll be downtown all 4 days of it to do the fun extra things! I've seen Zachary Quinto, Hayden Panettiere, and Milo Ventimiglio before walking around or at restaurants before, but never actually met. Will make sure to report back if I do though so you can live vicariously! haha

      Delete
  7. So glad to hear that you're having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whooohoo!! STORMDANCER!! And so many others I can't WAIT to see the covers of!! Awesome, Ashely!! So excited to see what else you've hauled home! :D

    Sierra @ Yearning to Read

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!