Saturday, June 30, 2012

The Weekly Wrap-Up + [sort of] Stacking the Shelves (5)

Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews
This will be my last Stacking the Shelves for awhile - not only do I have a ton of NetGalley titles to catch up on but after ALA and the books I received there, I have absolutely no intention of acquiring more soon. Maybe I'll do a monthly StS if I have anything to merit it, but as of now I don't foresee that.

So! Excluding ALA books, this is the only thing I received in the last 2 weeks:
Won
BETA by Rachel Cohn [signed/personalized]
Thank you so much Rachel!

NetGalley
(thank you Harlequin Teen!)
Confessions of an Angry Girl by Louise Rozett

Since I was gone last week, these are links from the past 2 weeks!

This book spoke directly to my personal life and soul. 5+ stars.

Lots of fun contemporary titles!

Midsummer's Eve Giveaway - now over, and congrats to
Lexie @ The Book Bug!
The List is on the way to her :)

Sounds amazing, and truthfully I just want that gorgeous cover on my shelf!
(Super excited because I met her and picked up this book at ALA!)

ALA Excitement!
Middle Grade with a fun twist on storybooks. Can't wait for Book 2! 3.5 Stars

Took me by surprise how much I loved it! One of the cutest I've read this year. 4.5 Stars

The Magic Mike trailer played while choosing who would jump out of my birthday cake. Influence noticeable.

Coming up next week...


ALA recap, a NetGalley Knock Down challenge, and a review of The Selection!


What's stacking your shelf?
Leave your link in the comments and I'll hop by!

9 comments:

  1. So jealous of Beta and Confessions of an Angry Girl! They sound amazing and congrats for winning them! :)

    Check out my Stacking the Shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beta sounds awesome - and Confessions of an Angry Girl sounds pretty good, even if it's not really my thing! Have a good week!

    My haul this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beta and Confessions of An Angry Girl looks awesome ! :) I really hope you enjoy them ! :)
    Here's my book haul :
    http://nicksbookblog93.blogspot.com/2012/07/stacking-shelves-10-weekly-recap.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul! So jealous of some of the books in your collection.
    Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on Beta, Ashley! I love Rachel Cohn's work with David Levithan but haven't read any books authored by her alone. And I am SO waiting on Crewel too, I think the premise sounds fascinating:)

    Take a Peek at What I'll Be Reading

    ReplyDelete
  6. BETA! Oh, so jealous! Congrats on winning it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so jealous that you got Beta! It looks so amazing, and I seriously can't wait to read it. It just looks so fabulous! Congrats on winning. =)

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so excited for the NetGalley knockdown challenge. Then in August I'm going to try to read a ton of arcs! And your beta looks awesome. Signed books make me sooooo freaking happy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Confessions of an Angry Girl looks fantastic! I need to check that out. I got Beta at BEA a few weeks back, and it looks amazing.

    Here's a link to the BEA edition of my StS: http://theirishbanana.blogspot.com/2012/07/stacking-shelves-2-bea-edition.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!