Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Armchair BEA: The Best of 2012

Day 2 focuses on 2012! Today we choose the best we've read of the year so far, and/or the books to be released that are being highlighted at BEA that we think will be some of our favourites!

My Favourites of 2012
(all links lead to my review)

The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard
Saving June by Hannah Harrington

Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
The Disenchantments by Nina LaCour

And of course, because how could this not be here...
The Fault In Our Stars by John Green


Books Featured at BEA
That Will Probably Become Favourites
(all links lead to Goodreads site)


Keeper of the Lost Cities by Shannon Messenger
I had the pleasure of hanging out with Shannon and chatting with her at a bookstore a couple months ago (woo for local San Diego authors!) and we were talking about this book - it was already on my radar, and after talking with her and getting details, I'm even MORE excited!

Prodigy by Marie Lu
I absolutely LOVED Legend (review here!) and am eager to find out what's up with June and Day.

The Diviners by Libba Bray
Libba Bray is one of those authors that's an insta-read for me. Love her, and this sounds PHENOMENAL.

Eve and Adam by Katherine Applegate and Michael Grant
I dare you to read the synopsis and not be curious. It sounds brilliant.

The Evolution of Mara Dayer by Michelle Hodkin
So I wasn't the biggest fan of Unbecoming, but I still have to know! I think a lot of the questions I have that ultimately left me disappointed with Unbecoming may be answered here too, which means I'll like it more. Plus, Noah Shaw. Duh.

Burn For Burn by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian
I've gotten to meet Jenny and Siobhan and they are both AMAZING. I love their work, and I'm excited for this. (I do have an ARC already so it's a bit cheating it's on here...but still!)

Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi *No Cover Art Revealed*
Obviously, since Under the Never Sky appears up on that Favourite list. Aria + Perry <3


What's on your 2012 Book list?
Leave me your link in the comments!
(and even if you're not doing Armchair BEA, tell me what books you're looking forward to!)

20 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for all the books on your BEA featured list! Especially want to read Prodigy, The Evolution of Mara Dyer and Burn For Burn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list Ashley:) The Diviners looks amazing. For debuts I am most looking forward to Shadow and Bone (out today!) And I can't wait for The Raven Boys, Days of Blood and Starlight and Rebel Heart too:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am excited for Prodigy too! And the Diviners. :)

    -Len of Musings of a Reader Happy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't WAIT for Prodigy! I absolutely loved June and Day's characters :) Cinder was an interesting book as well, and I do think that The Sky is Everywhere was published in 2010: but it matters not! Haha :D

    Have a fun BEA
    -Kirthi
    http://the1bookblog.blogspot.com/2012/06/armchair-bea-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ashley! I had no idea Libba Bray had a new book coming out, how exciting!!!

    Happy ABEA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THE SKY IS EVERYWHERE! Such a good book. I'm so excited for Prodigy!! 2013 is way too far away and I'm so jealous of people who get to read it so soon. I'm also excited for Eve & Adam and Burn for Burn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cinder was on my list too. How brilliant was it? I hope the next one in the series lives up to my expectations.

    Libba Bray is also an insta-read for me too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I Loved the FIOS too! it was the best Green book I read!
    My Best of 2012 Post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great recs! Under the never sky is def. on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Prodigy looks great and I can't wait for Burn for Burn!

    Kate @ Ex Libris

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cinder was pretty amazing! I'm in the Middle of The Fault in Our Stars right now (and loving it!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lot of these I've never heard of but what wonderful covers! Just looking at Eve & Adam and I'm intrigued! Now off to read the synopsis! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a horrible person and still catching up on my 2012 reads, but I loved all your picks. I'm a total fangirl of Mara Dyer so I'm waiting for that impatiently, haha. Eve & Adam are also on my list of reads! Great choices.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Burn for Burn sounds great; I'm still catching up on what was big in 2011, so I don't put a lot of effort in to what's coming out months from now. I just make my little lists and eventually get to them... :)

    I like that YA is going more sci-fi; a great way to get into sci-fi if some of the heavy hitters in the adult market are too intense.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh we have Under the Never Sky in common! Nice list. Added some to my TBR pile.

    Thanks for participating!

    Here's my crem della crem list

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahhhh, so many great books! The Sky is Everywhere, *batbatbat* and The Fault in Our Stars, loved them. Most of the others you selected are my (almost full to practically bursting) TBR list. *le sigh* I need more hours in the day.

    I hope you have a great BEA-filled week!

    ~Christina (and the other Book Hookup Litbrarians)
    The Book Hookup's Best of 2012

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm SO excited for The Diviners and The Evolution of Mara Dyer! Great list - I also LOVED Wanderlove =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE The Sky is Everywhere <3 <3 And Saving June <3 <3 And The fault in our stars <3 Aww, I love your list!! :) ;) Hope you're having fun today! Enjoy aBEA! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Sky is Everywhere (!!!!!) YES, so so so (etc) good, I totally adore it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ohh, I SO want to read Cinder and TFioS! :D I'm also looking forward to reading Eve & Adam. That cover is beautiful.

    Thanks for dropping by! :)

    Pam | jelly loves books

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!