Sunday, November 11, 2012

The Weekly Wrap-Up (16)


The birthday extravaganzas are almost over! I love my friends, I really do - but 9 birthdays in just over five weeks? I know it doesn't sound like a real problem (and it's not, per se...), but it's just time consuming. My NaNoWriMo novel is struggling like crazy, and work has been a bit more stressful than usual...but hey, I had a great week in books, so things are looking up!

In case you missed it...
Kinda ambitious for how crazy this month will be, but that's ok!

Who do I have to bribe for an ARC of Through the Ever Night? Because I will.

Despite some issues with the writing, it's a fascinating look at the Amish life.

And my Holiday Book Giveaway finally went live!
TWO winners, a choice between 4 YA holiday novels!
And if TBD ships to you, you can enter!
ends 11/28

Coming up...
A review of Meant To Be by Lauren E. Morrill, and spoiler: this is one of my favourites of the year!
Two event recaps: Elizabeth Norris & Dan Krokos Signing, and the #YAintheSun event!
And I think I may just throw in a Top Ten Tuesday...


Onto the book haul!

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren
Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews
The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer

Small week, but one of the books is on of my most anticipated from 2013.

ARCycling
(haven't heard of ARCycling? It is seriously the best thing ever. Go now. You're welcome)

Freakling by Lana Krumweide
via Montana at The Book Belles - thank you so much!

The Innocents by Lili Pelloquin
This is the one Breathless Reads I wanted most and the only I didn't have - so excited!
via Jennifer from Novel Thoughts and ARCycling - thank you so much!

Borrow
Let the Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger (!!!!!!)
from Ava, who needs to hurry the eff up on her book blog! You are fantastic, girl, so happy to see you twice this past week!

Purchase
Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan
This was my favourite John Green until TFiOS came around, but I love it so much. Happy to finally own!

What books came into your possession this week?
Leave your link and I'll hop by!

12 comments:

  1. Wow nice book haul I am looking forward to your reviews. Sorry you are struggling with the writing, now that the birthdays are done..maybe you will catch up. Thanks for sharing your news on The Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read Let The Sky Fall, it sounds really good! Enjoy your haul!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard such great things on Will Grayson, Will Grayson. I haven't read it yet, but it's definitely on my to-read list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a student tell me how great that Will Grayson, Will Grayson book was just the other day! Great haul! Happy reading.
    Our Week in Books @Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice books! I know you will enjoy.
    Heres my IMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to read Meant to Be! I am rushing out to get a copy right after work on Tuesday to get it.

    Also - Let the Sky Fall!!!!!! Jealous!!

    Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great haul! I also attended the YA in The Sun event and Let The Sky Fall looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the concept behind Arccyling. I think its a novel idea and a good way to spread the word about books. Hope you enjoy all your new books.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  9. You got some great stuff in this week! Some of these are on my TBR list.

    Check out my IMM & SP.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great haul!

    I've heard that Will Grayson Will Grayson is really good. Also, Freakling looks interesting.

    This Week's Book Haul on Melissa's Midnight Musings

    ReplyDelete
  11. So jealous of your new reads! I was lucky enough to get copies of Endangered, I Hunt Killers, and Insurgent (Collector's Ed) in this week! EEK!

    http://curioustalesofmodernlore.blogspot.com/2012/11/mailbox.html

    Kim @ Curious Tales of Modern Lore

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!