Sunday, November 25, 2012

The Weekly Wrap-Up (17): Happy Thanksgiving!


I hope all the Americans had a fantastic Thanksgiving! Mine was fantastic, I played kickball (and by "play" I mean "pitched for ~5 minutes, then sat on the bench chatting with friends") with friends in the morning then went to my aunt's house and had Thanksgiving dinner with my mom's immediate family. Followed it up with some epic Black Friday shopping, which was surprisingly tame - the longest line I waited in was to check out at Best Buy, and that was only a half hour! Of course, my sleeping schedule is all sorts of wacko now - which explains why I'm typing this up at 3:17am!

The rest of the weekend is Family Filled Fun! It's my grandparents' 80th birthdays and 55th wedding anniversary, so we've gathered literally all the family we can for a HUGE celebration! We've rented out a ballroom in a local hotel, and we're going to party the night away together haha. Which means I'll be a bit MIA on here and Twitter as I spend the days with family, but I know you all understand :)

In case you missed it...

Notable...
Last few days to enter my Holiday Book Giveaway!
TWO winners, a choice between 4 YA holiday novels!
And if TBD ships to you, you can enter!
ends 11/28

Coming up...
A review of Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris and Love and Other Perishable Items by Laura Buzo, and an awesome Top Ten Tuesday. I'm also in the midst of brainstorming something awesome, which I hope to discuss as early as December...but you'll have to stay tuned for that. ;)


Onto the book haul!

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren
Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews
The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer


Library
The Perfect Christmas by Debbie Macomber
Doing It by Melvin Burgess
Seeing Cinderella by Jenny Lundquist
The Anti-Prom by Abby McDonald
Crash Into Me by Albert Borris
Attachments by Rainbow Rowell

Purchase
Meant To Be by Lauren Morrill.
I loved it so much I couldn't not buy it the moment it came out!

Insurgent by Veronica Roth.
I reaaaally need to get around to reading Divergent, I know. Saw this on sale during Black Friday and had to get it!

Review
Double Vision by FT Bradley, from the author - thanks F!
Also Known As by Robin Benway, via NetGalley - thank you Bloomsbury!

Won
HUGE giveaway pack from #YAintheSun! Detailed here.

Dear Teen Me (signed!) from the amazing Zest Books and my friend Allison.

And this is the entire reason I did this Weekly Wrap Up...
Time Between Us Prize Pack - from the author. Thank you so much Tamara!
Is this not the cutest prize ever?! Here it is all laid out...
And the book is personalized+signed, with little sticky notes to indicate when a song from Anna and Bennet's playlists are appropriate. SO. CUTE.


What books came into your possession this week?
Leave your link and I'll hop by!

11 comments:

  1. Holy Prize packages..lovely haul Ashley, from awesome books to cool prizes. So happy you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day weekend. The Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW... look at all those books and swag! Lucky duck! Enjoy your haul!
    Alana's Haul @ Dark Obsession Chronicles

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love your Time Between Us prize pack! Time Between Us was my most anticipated read of 2012... and I still haven't read it yet! I really hope you enjoy all of your books. :)

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jealous of that Time Between Us prize! I've been wanting to read that book for months! I hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I just read Love & Other Perishable Items and I am dying to hear your thoughts! Also YAYYY Meant to Be. IT IS AMAZING. And check out those prize packs! Love the shirt and the biscotti! Hope you enjoy all your new books :)

    Tara @ Hobbitsies

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot wait to hear your thoughts on Love and Other Perishable Items, Ashley! I am wanting to read that book BADLY:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy crap girlfriend what a haul! I'm totally jealous! :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely recap for the week! So many great books there. Happy Reading!!! My Sunday Edition @ Paulette’s Papers

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been wanting to read Meant to Be and Love and Other Perishable Items. Great Haul Ashley :) Here is my STS. 

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you had a lovely Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That gift basket is absolutely adorable! On another note, please oh please do read Divergent. It is SO GOOD.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!