Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Reboot by Amy Tintera

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine
meant to highlight an upcoming release we're excited for!

Reboot (Reboot #1) by Amy Tintera
HarperTeen, 352 Pages
Expected US Release Date: May 7, 2013

Five years ago, Wren Connolly was shot three times in the chest. After 178 minutes she came back as a Reboot: stronger, faster, able to heal, and less emotional. The longer Reboots are dead, the less human they are when they return. Wren 178 is the deadliest Reboot in the Republic of Texas. Now seventeen years old, she serves as a soldier for HARC (Human Advancement and Repopulation Corporation).

Wren’s favorite part of the job is training new Reboots, but her latest newbie is the worst she’s ever seen. As a 22, Callum Reyes is practically human. His reflexes are too slow, he’s always asking questions, and his ever-present smile is freaking her out. Yet there’s something about him she can’t ignore. When Callum refuses to follow an order, Wren is given one last chance to get him in line—or she’ll have to eliminate him. Wren has never disobeyed before and knows if she does, she’ll be eliminated, too. But she has also never felt as alive as she does around Callum.

The perfect soldier is done taking orders.

-----------------------Goodreads summary

I have been dying to post this as a WoW pick for awhile now, but was waiting on the cover - so hooray! Can we talk about how much I love it? It's so fascinating and I love how it ties into Wren's number. So cleverly simple.

I'm very lucky to know Amy in real life - we officially met at Shannon Messenger's Launch Party for Keeper of the Lost Cities, and silly me didn't put two and two together when I met her! I knew we had mutual friends, I'd learned she was getting published in May by HarperTeen and even heard her talk about her book a little - but I stupidly never asked her what the title was. Only later when I got home and saw her name was I like "holy crap Amy! She's the writer of Reboot!"...and I quickly scuttled off to Twitter to apologize and tell her I'm a dolt for not realizing. Still, I adore Amy and love whenever we get the chance to see each other and chat. Plus, we've talked about books and she has fantastic taste in reading - so there's no question to me that her book will be just as awesome!

But enough of looks and name dropping - doesn't this sound fantastic?! The idea of how long you're dead means you're farther from being human...it's one of those ideas that's so plainly obvious and so original all at once! And of course, the possibilities between a 178 and a 22 are endless. I can't wait to see what this book will be, and what it means to disobey an order. Plus, since it's part of a series, I'm curious about the larger picture, too. You can't say 'soldier' without me thinking there's something crazy going on in the world around them, too! (I could be wrong, I don't know. See what I mean by needing to know?!)

Sigh. May is so far away.

What book are you eagerly awaiting?
Leave your link and I'll hop by!

PS. Have you entered my Holiday Giveaway? You could win your choice between 4 books!
(2 winners, open Internationally - ends 11/28)

6 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of this one before, but it sounds really interesting! Thanks for sharing :)

    My WoW / 200 Followers Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds sooo good! I'll have to add it to my TBR list (: Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I first saw this one last week and I added it to my tbr pile straight away! It sounds so interesting, such a simple yet clever idea. Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this sounds amazing! I had not heard of it before, I'm sure it's going to get quite popular, and quick!
    Thanks for the rec! Love the cover too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!