Sunday, November 4, 2012

The Weekly Wrap-Up (15)


It has been quite slow around here, hasn't it? I don't know where time went. Since my last Wrap Up on the 13th, there's been six birthdays (brother included), all of which had at least one celebration (one had three!), multiple dinners, a scavenger hunt that I fully planned out, and one very unscheduled sleepover that turned into me still being awake at 7am. It was a long night. And then Disney Halloween happened where I worked like mad to get a costume done but ended up failing in the end and had to go with a super last minute crap Wendy costume - but that's ok, it was still a ton of fun. This current weekend was filled with a work party and two birthday celebrations...I don't know how I managed to be friends with almost exclusive October/November birthdays. And I still had regular work and general life there. If someone could just stop the clock for like 24 hours so I can sleep? Cool.

In case you missed it...
Shanon had a beautiful review of Entwined by Heather Dixon.
I reviewed For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund and shared how I'm kind of a loser by posting my notes/reactions in a Timeline Review.
I spotlit Just One Day by Gayle Forman for a WoW.
NaNoWriMo madness is upon us, and I want to share it with you all!
Beta didn't really impress me, but there's promise for better in Book 2!
The perfectly sweet romance: Sugar Rush by Rachel Astor.
Book Quotes: Every Day by David Levithan. This book has so much wisdom.

Notable...
The winner of my Spooktacular Giveaway Hop is Claire! A personalized ARC of Ten by Gretchen McNeil will be making its way to her soon :)

Coming up...
My Monthly Reads: November post will go up! October Reads was kind of a fail, but that's ok...
A review of Temptation by Karen Ann Hopkins, and if I can find the time, Meant To Be by Lauren E. Morrill.
And another WoW pick everyone shares.

Lastly, my Holiday Book Giveaway will officially go live Monday! And it'll be INTERNATIONAL!

Onto the book haul!

 
In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren
Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews
The Sunday Post is hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer

Meet my new penguin/sock monkey friend! Saw him in Michaels and knew I had to have him. Still no name though...suggestions?
Library
Drama by Raina Telgemeier
Smile by Raina Telgemeier
Kissing Snowflakes by Abby Sher
Dying to Know You by Aidan Chambers
Tiger Lily by Jody Lynn Anderson
Anya's Ghost by Vera Brosgol
You Are Here by Jennifer E. Smith
Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris

Review
Tempestuous by Kim Askew and Amy Helmes
The Girl in the Wall by Daphne Benedis-Grab
The Namesake by Steven Parlato
Exposure by Kim Askew and Amy Helmes*
Louder Than Words by Laurie Plissner*
From the publisher - thanks Merit Press!
**The two asterisked books are ones I will not have time to read - if any blogger/reviewer would like one or both of them and promises to review, let me know! I'll send!
Won
Touching the Surface by Kimberly Sabatini - thanks so much Kim!
Bought
Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris
Every Day by David Levithan
False Memory by Dan Krokos

Borrow
Unravel Me ARC by Tahereh Mafi (!!!!!)
What's Left of Me ARC by Kat Zhang
I got to hang out with one of my favourite bloggers a few weekends ago: S from Oh! Paper Pages (one of the best blogs ever - go visit if you haven't!) and she is my Reading Angel. When we hung out at ALA I told her the one ARC that eluded me was Kat Zhang's - and then as soon as she found someone who had one, she thought of me! How amazing is she? And then, as if she's not awesome enough, she saw I finished Shatter Me (EEEEK! Review soon, but for now: OMG. YES.) right before we met up, so she generously let me borrow her Unravel Me ARC as soon as Tahereh signed it. S, you are amazing! Thank you so much!


NetGalley
Rockoholic by CJ Skuse - thanks Scholastic!
Eleaner & Park by Rainbow Rowell - thanks St. Martin's Press! SO SO EXCITED FOR THIS ONE!!
Uses for Boys by Erica Lorraine Scheidt - thanks St. Martin's Press!

Soooo yeah...I've got lots of reading to do! In fairness, this is a month's worth of books, but...yeah.
Need. More. Time.

What books came into your possession this week?
Leave your link and I'll hop by!

6 comments:

  1. Holy cow cupcake you made me tired just reading about your happenings! So nice to have friends and family to make life crazy. When I complete my time stopping device *laughs using evil mad scientist laugh* I will let you borrow it. I need it, so I can pause life to read, then hit resume when I am done, so you sleep and I will read. You got Unravel Me..so jealous! Enjoy all your new lovelies and thanks for sharing your news on the The Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got a lot of great books this week. I read Rockoholic and thought it was a fun read.
    -Kristin @ Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an impressive list!

    Check out my Sunday Post at:

    http://joriesreads.wordpress.com/2012/11/04/the-sunday-post-sharing-blog-news-and-book-haul-jories-9th-edition/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah!! What a great haul! It is massive! I hope you have fun reading.

    Here's My StS and Sunday Post!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, what a haul, that makes me so sad, 'cause I only got one book last week.. But luckily it was an awesome book, so I'll survive :D

    Monaliz @ Mind Reading?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!