Monday, May 21, 2012

Top Ten Non-Bookish Websites I Frequent

*Enter to win an ARC of Fated by Alyson Noel!


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

Top Ten
Non-Bookish Website I Frequent
Uhh...this was surprisingly hard! I had no idea just how entwined my life is with books; I went to my little page of Most Visited sites, and it is seriously all bookish things: Goodreads, county library, public library, BN, Amazon, NetGalley...ridiculous!

But anyway. I managed to scramble up 10 sites that I do visit, though a lot of them are personal blogs - I've been a personal blogger myself for 6+ years, so that's how a lot of these came into my life.

1. Social Networks
Kind of cheating since a lot of this does involve my blog, but still.

ADORE this blog. Joanna is so lovely, and she always has the best content. Fashion, design, photography, city guides, gift guides, baby things, books, her own personal thoughts...it's fabulous.

If you want some serious laughs, head here. Jenny is side-grabbing, tear-inducing, pee-in-your-pants hilarious.

(WARNING: NSFW)
Home to Cyanide + Happiness webcomic. Fair warning, their content is offensive, graphic, rude, all-around general foul material. I LOVE IT ALL.
(I also meet most of the artists during Comic-Con every year, and they're awesome.)

5. JJB Message Board
Stemming from my old (but never gone) *NSYNC fanatic days, this started as an *NYSNC message board and has since evolved to an every day hangout. This is probably the website I've been going to the longest (~12 years?), and I feel like family with a lot of them.

I'm a nail lacquer freak. Seriously. I have ~115 different polishes, and this is one of the best nail blogger websites. Jen is awesome and informative, really nice and super responsive to any questions you have. Her swatches are amazing.
(I actually know Jen and her site through JJB!)


Design, graphics, DIY...Jordan's site is FANTASTIC and lovely. Her aesthetic is to die for.

Beware that hunger AWAITS you if you go to Jessica's food blog. I think I found her through a delicious cupcake recipe, but I've been a big, big fan since. Her food photography is so much fun, she's got a delightful humor, and seriously...NOMS EVERYWHERE.

Lauren is probably one of my favourite bloggers. She's a stylist and new-mama, and I just think she's a doll. I found her through the Fill-in-the-Blank Friday meme that peppers most personal blogs, and she's fantastic.

I found Brit's site because she's often listed as similar to The Bloggess (if ever a selling point, it's that). She's hilarious and sarcastic and so real I love it. She's also an incredibly important blogger, because she's very up-front and real about being plus sized - but it's not her trying to make excuses or make awkward fat jokes that veil a deep insecurity. No, Brit is all about embracing it and learning to love who you are, no matter what -- and to this plus-sized girl, I find her inspiring. (You should watch her TED talk, it's about courageous beauty.)
(and while linking this, I've found out she has made the switch to her blog being called Brittany, Herself since her blog kept getting confused Foodie-searching people haha.)

What Non-Bookish Sites Do You Visit?
Leave your link and I'll hop by!

11 comments:

  1. Oh, The Bloggess is so funny! I love her blog. My favorite post was about how she tried to surprise her husband with a giant metal chicken. That totally sounds like something I would do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BEYONCE THE METAL CHICKEN. Everything that has ever come out of her acquiring that has been the greatest part of the Internet ever. She's hilarious. I hope to read her book soon, I hear it's fabulous too.

      Delete
  2. I'm seeing lots of interest in food sites among book bloggers. Interesting.

    Here's my
    Top Ten List of Sites that Aren't About Books.
    Please stop by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have to have yummy snacks as we read, right?! haha that's how I justify it to myself, at least.

      Delete
  3. I LOOOOVE Jenny Lawson. She's SOOOOO funny. She's going to be at BEA this year and I can not wait to hear her speak!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhhh I am so jealous!! BEA AND Jenny! aghh can I get packed into your suitcase? Please?

      Delete
  4. Jenny Lawson is hilarious! She was totally on my list...but I could only list ten :(
    Angela @ AJ Arndt Books Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is HILARIOUS. I still look at the Wil Wheaton collating/Nathan Fillion with Twine posts randomly because they make me crack up.

      Delete
  5. Cyanide and Happiness is absolutely hilarious! I love all their comic strips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHHH so glad someone else knows who they are! SO funny. They drew me a comic last year at comic con that is RIDIIIIIIIICULOUSLY dirty, but hilarious. I still laugh at it today.

      Delete
  6. Beyonce, the BMC!!! My girlfriend actually searched out her very own BMC last fall to surprise her husband for their anniversary. I think she ( I can't remember what they named her)) is sitting poolside now and basking in her own awesomeness:)

    Great picks, I'm not familiar w/ all of them, I'll have to check them out:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!