Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine,
meant to spotlight an upcoming release we are eagerly awaiting!

My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
Dial Books, 395 Pages
Expected US Release Date: June 14, 2012


A gorgeous debut about family, friendship, first romance, and how to be true to one person you love without betraying another

“One thing my mother never knew, and would disapprove of most of all, was that I watched the Garretts. All the time.”

The Garretts are everything the Reeds are not. Loud, numerous, messy, affectionate. And every day from her balcony perch, seventeen-year-old Samantha Reed wishes she was one of them . . . until one summer evening, Jase Garrett climbs her terrace and changes everything. As the two fall fiercely in love, Jase's family makes Samantha one of their own. Then in an instant, the bottom drops out of her world and she is suddenly faced with an impossible decision. Which perfect family will save her? Or is it time she saved herself?

A dreamy summer read, full of characters who stay with you long after the story is over.
----------------------Goodreads summary


I am so freakin' jealous of everyone with an ARC (anyone want to let me borrow? Or maybe trade?), because every review I've seen of this is absolutely RAVING about it. And it just sounds like the perfect contemporary, summer book to read on your porch with a glass of lemonade beside you. Plus, family and family life is such an interesting topic to take on in books because every situation is so unique. All I can think is that Tolstoy quote from Anna Karenina: "Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way." Ugh...I want this NOW.

(Plus, I love love LOVE that cover.)

What book are you waiting on?
Leave me your link and I'll hop by!

21 comments:

  1. I am not a big fan of contemporary YA but I think I could give this one a try for that cover art alone! Where can I find that girl’s pretty dress? haha! This definitely sounds like a great summer read.

    Darlene @ Leather Bound and Lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never wear yellow, but I LOVE her dress - I totally would if I got that haha.

      Delete
  2. This one sounds so cute ! I can't wait for it either ! ;)

    My WoW
    http://nicksbookblog93.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-16-of-poseidon-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been on my wishlist for a while - definitely looking forward to reading it! :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like its release will NEVER get here since we've been waiting so long haha. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  4. Great choice! This one's pretty high on my wishlist. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm going to move it to the top of my reading list as soon as I get my hands on a copy, reading schedule be damned haha. Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  5. Fantastic choice!! I've added that one to my to read list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I featured this last week on my WoW. Definitely an awesome pick! :D

    Drop by my WoW! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's a popular choice, but I wish that also meant it would release faster haha. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  7. I'm so excited for this one! It looks amazing and I love good contemporaries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read outside contemporary a lot, but it will always be my favourite. Nothing feels quite as good as reading a really, really sound contemporary. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  8. This looks soooo cute. I wants it! Thanks for sharing :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does - I wants it too! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  9. I cannot wait for this one either! It looks so amazing, and definitely a perfect summer read!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm silently praying that the day I get my hands on it is a sunny day, because I totally have a picture in my head of reading this on a bench in the park with the sun shining behind me haha. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  10. So excited for this one! It sounds so good and I have heard so many great things about it. I also love the cover! Great pick!

    Thanks for stopping by my post!
    Traci @ The Reading Geek

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cover so much, and then the book just sounds like it's better...agh I'm getting too excited haha. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  11. Ahhh!!! I've been pining away for this one toooo! haha It's killing me! Great choice this week and thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!