Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Meant To Be by Lauren Morrill

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine,
meant to spotlight an upcoming release we are eagerly awaiting!

Meant To Be by Lauren Morrill
Delacorte, 290 Pages
Expected US Release Date: November 13, 2012


Meant to be or not meant to be . . . that is the question.

It's one thing to fall head over heels into a puddle of hazelnut coffee, and quite another to fall for the—gasp—wrong guy. Straight-A junior Julia may be accident prone, but she's queen of following rules and being prepared. That's why she keeps a pencil sharpener in her purse and a pocket Shakespeare in her, well, pocket. And that's also why she's chosen Mark Bixford, her childhood crush, as her MTB ("meant to be").

But this spring break, Julia's rules are about to get defenestrated (SAT word: to be thrown from a window) when she's partnered with her personal nemesis, class-clown Jason, on a school trip to London. After one wild party, Julia starts receiving romantic texts . . . from an unknown number! Jason promises to help discover the identity of her mysterious new suitor if she agrees to break a few rules along the way. And thus begins a wild goose chase through London, leading Julia closer and closer to the biggest surprise of all: true love.

Because sometimes the things you least expect are the most meant to be.
----------------------------Goodreads summary


How. Freakin'. CUTE DOES THIS BOOK LOOK?! I mean, it's in London, and there's obvious reference to Shakespeare, and romantic texts, and omg omg I want it FOREVER. It is on NetGalley, but I'm still waiting on a response...quick prayer to the Book Gods for me to get it!

What book are you waiting on?
Leave your link in the comments and I'll hop by!

7 comments:

  1. It looks really cute ! :)
    I love YA contemporaries only for their cuteness factor :P
    I hope it's awesome and I hope you get it on NG. :D
    I've decided not to request any books anymore :P
    I have too many books to finish !

    My WoW
    http://nicksbookblog93.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-17-when-we-wake-by.html

    Happy reading ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I'm still waiting it on Netgalley. Awesome pick! :D

    Drop by my WoW?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for this one either! It looks like it'll be such a great read, I love the sound of a wild goose chase through London! I hope you get it on Netgalley too, I can't wait to read your thoughts about this one.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. This had me at "hazelnut coffee"!!!! ;)
    My "WoW"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it does look cute!! I can't wait to read all the reviews on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choice! I've been eagerly awaiting this one too! And that cover is just so darned cute!

    Here’s my WoW

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!