Monday, May 14, 2012

Top Ten Things From Books I Want To Do

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

Top Ten Things From Books 
I Wish I Could Do In Real Life
Very blatantly inspired from Epic (Chocolate) Fantasy and their Bookish Bucket List blog hop meme (I hope she/they doesn't mind!). I also want to attribute #1 to her, because even though I have wanted to play Quidditch since I first read about it, her list did remind me :) So in no particular order...

1. Play Quidditch. (Harry Potter - JK Rowling)

2. Read the alethiometer. (His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman)

3. Help Lola with her Marie Antoinette costume. (Lola and the Boy Next Door - Stephanie Perkins)
Cricket can hang out in the room, too.

4. Go to one of The Disenchantments' shows. Preferably in a basement, and where I'll make out with Colby to make Bev jealous...and then promptly head up to Portland to watch Adam and the Shooting Stars play a show while I wail out Animate with the crowd. (The Disenchantments - Nina LaCour; Where She Went - Gayle Forman)

5. Practice my french with Etienne. (Anna and the French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins)
French anything. *wink

6. Relax on a dock with Rowan after a long hike (and maybe a soccer game with kids). (Wanderlove - Kirsten Hubbard)

7. Sit in the empty field bed writing poetry with Joe as he plays his saxophone. (The Sky is Everywhere - Jandy Nelson)

8. Explore the Shadowhunter Institutes - both London and New York. (The Mortal Instruments series, The Infernal Device series - Cassandra Clare)
Wouldn't mind Jace, Will or Jem as tour guides, either!

9. Road trip to EVERYWHERE: New Mexico with Rusty and Honor; to the East Coast with Amy & Roger; to California with Harper, Jake and Laney. (In Honor - Jessi Kirby, Amy & Roger's Epic Detour - Morgan Matson, Saving June - Hannah Harrington)

10. Hang out at the market with Cinder, Iko and Prince Kai. (Cinder - Marissa Meyer)

11. Hang out in an airport with Oliver. (The Statistical Probability of Love At First Sight - Jennifer E. Smith)

12. Watch Harley paint. (Across the Universe - Beth Revis)
He absolutely broke my heart, and I adore him.

Is there ever a week I keep it to 10? Sigh.

What was your Top Ten this week?
Leave your link in the comments and I'll hop by!

22 comments:

  1. What an original idea for a list - I love it! I totally agree with playing Quidditch, and the field bed from The Sky is Everywhere.

    Great list!

    My TTT Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your The Disenchantments thing you want to do! AH! I would probably go deaf from listening to their music, lol.

    I love all of the stuff you want to do with the boys...Oliver, Harley, Etienne, Rowan...*sigh*

    Such a fun an interesting topic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the mix of fantastical and realistic things you included on your list! I would love to play Quidditch, too. There are actually some colleges that have Quidditch teams, but without actual flying broomsticks it's just not the same!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute list! You should suggest this for a future list cause this was really fun to read. I would love to play quidditch even though I would embarass myself, and I would definitely practice my "french" with Etienne. And Road Trips are always good.

    I loved your thoughts on SV Confidential. Words cannot describe how much that book sucked!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome list! I want to do so many of these things too! Especially the Wanderlove thing and the road tripping! (Can you tell I don't like to stay put?) I'd like to hang out with Oliver at the airport before heading to London too =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun list - I love this idea! You have most of my favorite contemporary books listed too. Road trip books are just the best aren't they? And that would be amazing to see The Disenchantments :)

    You're reminding me I totally need to read Wanderlove - it sounds wonderful.

    Hey, maybe I'll see you at Comic-Con - I'll be there too. Can't wait! I need to read some Marchetta books before the signing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I second #11 What fun are airports unless there's cute British guys to hang out with? ;]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun list! I have a few of these in my TBR pile, and I'm a huge HP fan! I agree that checking out the Shadowhunter Institutes would be a lot of fun {although a little daunting, since Cassandra Claire always describes people getting lost in them}.

    I'm a new follower, and I'd love it if you came and checked out my Top Ten.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm pretty sure I would suck at Quidditch, as I do with all sports. It wouldn't help that I'm not too keen on heights either. Still, I think it is one sport that would be fun to observe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a GREAT IDEA, which I am stashing away for later use! :-) Brilliant list! I especially like the French idea. LOL

    Come check out the books my students recommended!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by my top ten! OMG! I would love to do so many things on this list as well! But I definitely think exploring the Shadowhunter Institutes would be at the top of my list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous topic! I'll have to remember this for the next freebie week. I really want to play Quidditch and watch Harley paint. I loved Harley in AtU and he broke my heart as well.

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews
    http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/05/top-ten-tuesday-24-book-friendships.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohh my goodness this is absolutely genius! I wouldn't mind doing any of these things, especially practicing my french with Etienne!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a fantastic list! I'd love to do all of these things (even if I haven't read all these books yet!), I can't choose one to put at the very top of my list! I swear you're like, my book-taste twin, I JUST LOVE YOUR TASTE IN BOOKS. :)

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE THIS LIST :) This is so much fun! i would love to do so many of those, top of the list being play quidditch :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG! YESSSSS to all of these! hahaa Great choice this week for your Top 10. LOVE it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great and original idea! I loved your list: playing quidditch would be awesome! :D

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.com/2012/05/top-10-tuesday-11-awesomeness.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. And I want to hoverboard!!! But seriously... Can I play quiditch with Oliver Wood WHILE practicing French with Ettienne?

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really nice book for study thanks for share it online spell check .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!