Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: The Land of Stories by Chris Colfer

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine,
meant to spotlight an upcoming release we are eagerly awaiting!


The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell by Chris Colfer
Little, Brown Young Readers, 448 Pages
Expected US Release Date: July 17, 2012


Alex and Conner Bailey's world is about to change, in this fast-paced adventure that uniquely combines our modern day world with the enchanting realm of classic fairytales.

The Land of Stories tells the tale of twins Alex and Conner. Through the mysterious powers of a cherished book of stories, they leave their world behind and find themselves in a foreign land full of wonder and magic where they come face-to-face with the fairy tale characters they grew up reading about.

But after a series of encounters with witches, wolves, goblins, and trolls alike, getting back home is going to be harder than they thought.
---------------------------Goodreads summary


So I'll be the first to admit that I'm a Chris Colfer fan. Not necessarily Glee (I used to be, but 3 seasons and we're STILL on the Finchel thing? Please.), but Chris Colfer. I find him to be awe-worthy. His voice, his acting, how he can carry the barest of emotions with just a flick of his eyes. Beyond that though, I do think he's got a lot to offer as an artist and writer. Have you seen the trailer to his movie Struck By Lightning (if not, watch it here!)? He wrote, starred in, and helped produce it, and I have to say that it looks quite promising! 

Even if this didn't have a celebrity's name attached as the author though, I'd be interested! It reminds me a lot of Storybound by Marissa Burt (the premise, anyway - I'm only halfway through Storybound) - which I love. It just sounds like a fun, solid adventurous Middle Grade novel. I'm hoping to snag an ARC at ALA if they'll have them there; regardless how I acquire it, I know I will some day soon.

What book are you waiting for?
Leave your link in the comments and I'll hop by!

14 comments:

  1. Chris Colfer has a book?! The Chris Colfer on Glee? This is news to me. I'm adding it to my TBR. It sounds like a solid MG novel.

    Come stop by my WOW? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, THE Chris Colfer! I was surprised when I first heard about the deal awhile ago, but it does sound like a solid MG. Hopefully it is!

      Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  2. Oh YEAH! Agree with Sarahbotbonkers there. He has a BOOK?! Gah! Not really like a huge fan of his but I'm SO going to read this. Awesome pick! :D

    Drop by my WoW?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if him being the writer is going to turn off readers - but I'm glad you'll still check this out! I hope it's a good one.Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  3. I've never seen Glee, so I'm not sure who this is, but the book sounds fantastic! Definitely going on my to read shelf!!

    Check out my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've never seen Glee!? Hold strong my friend, it'll suck you in like crazy haha. The writing is terrible, but I love the music too much and a lot of the actors to let it go.

      Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  4. Oh, Chris Colfer from Glee! This one sounds really awesome. I'm fan of Chris Colfer, so I think I will read this one. :)

    New follower! ;D
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kurt is one of my favourites on Glee, competing with Blaine and his dad Burt haha - but I think Chris Colfer seems awesome as a person. Hopefully his book is, too!

      Thanks for the follow and the comment :)

      Delete
  5. This looks so awesome, not the kind of book I'd normally read, but I love the artwork on the cover! I think I'm definitely going to check this one out when it's released in the UK. :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cover art, too! So much detail and fun, I like trying to pick out the tales they're referencing :)

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  6. This does sound like a good MG! And Chris Colfer is definitely a celebrity that I didn't roll my eyes when I found out he wrote a book. Other celebrities, however... ;) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah COMPLETELY true about other celebrities (I'm lookin' at you, Snooki!) - Chris Colfer, however, is exciting :) Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  7. The cover is so pretty! I would pick this up in the bookstore :D I didn't realise that this is the one from Glee, haha.

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-14.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is really pretty! I didn't even see the princesses on the sides until I looked at it today haha. Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!