Thursday, January 12, 2012

In My Mailbox (2)

Update: Holy comments and followers on yesterday's post, batman! I scheduled this post when I did the Waiting On Wednesday one since I was bogged down at work (as explained) and only just now got to check - hello new followers and thanks for the comments! I should get back to everyone later today or tomorrow, and I hope you enjoy your stay here :) Happy Thursday!

Normally I'd be happy to get a temp job, but this week I was so disappointed! Not because it's fairly boring work (it is) or for a company I've worked for before and was miserable at (it is) or even because it's  a 45-minute commute in the morning and hour commute in the evening (it is).

I was disappointed because I had an AMAZING haul of books this week and was completely looking forward to spending all day every day reading!

(Making money is nice, don't get me wrong - but seriously, look at my books!)
Hosted by the lovely Story Siren, In My Mailbox is a weekly meme to showcase the books we've acquired this week (via library, purchase, gift, ARC, etc.).

LOOK AT ALL THIS AWESOME YOU GUYS:

Thanks to the YA sale at Barnes & Noble, I purchased these:
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight - Jennifer E. Smith
Delirium - Lauren Oliver

Which I already powered through The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight in 4 hours because I simply could not put it down (read my review here!).  And I know, it's almost shameful that I've yet to read Delirium.

Via the library, I had these put on hold for me and they finally all came in:
Matched - Ally Condie
A Million Suns - Beth Revis
Amy & Roger's Epic Detour - Morgan Matson

I don't think you guys understand how excited I am for A Million Suns.  Across the Universe was in my Top 3 Favourites of 2011 and I couldn't get my hot little hands on the sequel fast enough.  I actually waited to post this In My Mailbox until it came into the library just so it could be included!  None of these I've read before but have been highly recommended to me, so I'm excited for them!

Also from the library, I saw these on the shelf and picked them up on a whim:
The Knife of Never Letting Go - Patrick Ness
the sky is everywhere - Jandy Nelson

And actually, if I'm going to be honest about it, the sky is everywhere was shoved behind a bunch of books in the stacks and I happened to see it.  I think someone might have purposely hidden it to check it out, so I feel a teensy bit guilty for nabbing it if someone wanted it - but as soon as I read the synopsis, I couldn't pass it up!

And thanks to the Teen Deals at the iBookstore, also purchased these two on my iPad:


I am not at all ashamed to say that I am eagerly awaiting the weekend so I can read!

8 comments:

  1. Ahh, I have a few of those books up there on my TBR list! Couldn't find them in my bookstore. :( Hope you enjoy reading them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, I'm looking forward to A million Suns.
    Also, I loved The Sky is Everywhere, so enjoy!

    Lisa O. @ The Nocturnal Library

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so many good books!

    I really liked The Statistical Probability and I'm currently reading Unearthly which is really good, too!

    Happy reading! :D

    Angie @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read Delirium and Matched. Both are great dystopias!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many amazing reads! I've heard great things about Statistical Probability!
    Delirium is fantastic! I only read it recently and wondered what took me so long to get to it!

    Enjoy all the fantastic books! :)

    Michele | IMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I must say it, OH MY GOD ALL THESE BOOKS ARE AMAZING!! I love them all! :) I hope you'll love them too, really! Have an awesome reading week! :) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome haul! I got The Statistical Probability of Love At First Sight this week as well! And I powered through it too! I loved it!!! :) Enjoy all your books!

    My IMM: http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/in-my-mailbox-23.html

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great set! New follower. The Sky is Everywhere is amazing. I can't wait to read Statistical Probability.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!