Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine,
meant to spotlight a book we're eagerly waiting for!



Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson
Simon & Schuster, 224 pages
Scheduled US Release: May 8, 2012

Taylor's family might not be the closest-knit – everyone is a little too busy and overscheduled – but for the most part, they get along fine. Then Taylor's dad gets devastating news that changes everything. Her parents decide that the family will spend the summer together at their old vacation home in the Pocono Mountains.

Crammed into a place much smaller and more rustic than they are used to, they begin to get to know each other again. And Taylor discovers that the people she thought she had left behind haven’t actually gone anywhere. Her former summer best friend is still around, as is her first boyfriend. . . and he's much cuter at seventeen than he was at twelve.

As the summer progresses, the Edwards become more of a family, and closer than they’ve ever been before. But all of them are very aware that they’re battling a ticking clock. Sometimes, though, there is just enough time to get a second chance – with family, with friends, and with love.

------------------Goodreads Summary


I'm currently reading Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by the same author and it's SO DANG GOOD that I had to look up her other books (had no idea it was her debut novel!).  Saw that this one is going to be released soon, and the plot sounds deliciously summer-filled and heartbreaking all at once. If her first novel can be this good, I can't wait to see what else she's going to come out with!

6 comments:

  1. Yes! After Amy and Rodger's Epic Detour, I will read anything by her! It's such a great book. Can't wait for this one!

    Here's my WoW: http://amandalynsbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Amy and Roger's Epic Detour and can't wait for this one either. Thanks for posting it.

    Ange @ the Moonlight Reader
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a wonderful book! Thanks for sharing....

    Here's MY WOW POST – Spin - and here’s
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm reading Amy and Roger's Epic Detour right now too! I was up WAY too late last night as a matter of fact:) This is on my tbr list as well because I think Morgan Matson has a great voice. Can't wait to read her sophomore effort!

    Great pick!

    Here's my WoW this week:

    http://www.flyleafreview.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds really good. I really can't wait to read this. Great pick!
    Em
    My WoW post
    A Beautiful Madness

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!