Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday: Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley


Hosted by Breaking the Spine, Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme to spotlight upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating!



Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley
Knopf, 272 Pages
US Release Date: February 14, 2012

Senior year is over, and Lucy has the perfect way to celebrate: tonight, she's going to find Shadow, the mysterious graffiti artist whose work appears all over the city. He's out there somewhere—spraying color, spraying birds and blue sky on the night—and Lucy knows a guy who paints like Shadow is someone she could fall for. Really fall for. Instead, Lucy's stuck at a party with Ed, the guy she's managed to avoid since the most awkward date of her life. But when Ed tells her he knows where to find Shadow, they're suddenly on an all-night search around the city. And what Lucy can't see is the one thing that's right before her eyes.

-------Amazon.com Description

I know a lot of bloggers have already reviewed this, and it is being released fairly soon - but still! I'm eagerly waiting for it! Ever since I saw the first review, I knew this novel would be something I could really love. Street art is a fascinating subculture that I had a strange introduction to through one of my history students when I was teaching at a local high school, and ever since then it's ballooned into this almost-obsessive interest I want to know everything about!  Plus, I watched Exit Through The Gift Shop recently, by and featuring Banksy (perhaps the most famous street artist) and it is a captivating documentary about the search for graffiti artist - similar to the book!

Add in that it's a YA book filled with the inevitable drama and romance and angst, and it just sounds perfect.

11 comments:

  1. This sounds great, I've seen it on a few blogs but never properly read the synopsis. It's got an interesting concept, I haven't read many books that feature street art. (If any!) Great pick! :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower! :)

    Love the sound of this book, it's on my wish list too. Street art/Graffiti really interests me and I've heard amazing reviews for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this book - it's SO good. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read this one. It was very sweet and I liked it a lot. Great pick.

    Please check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Graffiti Moon sounds really great. I saw this book on a couple of blog a while ago, but I really need to add it to my TBR list! Great pick!
    Em
    My WoW post
    A Beautiful Madness

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Graffiti art and look forward to reading this some day as well.

    My WOW

    New follower :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heard some pretty good things about this one! Hope you like it! Let us know:)

    Here's mine
    Glitter Lit

    ReplyDelete
  8. New follower. Been hearing some really interesting things about this book. Great choice. Come visit me as well.New follower.

    Grace
    Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pick! This book sounds pretty good.

    New Follower :)

    My WoW: http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-21.html

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have this to read for February and boy, like you, I'm SOOOOO excited to get started. I've just been avoiding it as long as possible so that I can review it closer to the release date!

    Have an amazing reading week!

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My request for it in NetGalley just got approved after a few weeks of waiting! I'm so excited... can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!