Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday! 2012 Books

Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, this week we're talking about the 
Top 10 Books I'm Excited to Read in 2012!


1. A Million Suns by Beth Revis. Release Date: January 10. OH MY GOSH I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS. Across the Universe is one of my favourite books ever, and I am so impatient to find out how Elder and Amy continue.

2. Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare. Release Date: November 2012.  I've yet to read Clockwork Prince (in the queue for next week!), but Cassandra Clare really does no wrong in my eyes.

3. City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare. Release Date: May 8. All of the Mortal Instruments books are absolutely amazing, and once again: Cassandra Clare can do no wrong in my eyes.

4. The Fault In Our Stars by John Green. Release Date: January 10.  John Green is one of the most poignant and brilliant writers of today, in my opinion. I've read literally every single one of his books (even Zombicorns, his NaNo Novel!) and the only way he could ever disappoint me is if he chooses to not write ever again.  This book is destined to be great.

5. The Mark of Athena (Heroes of Olympus, Book 3) by Rick Riordan. Release Date: Fall 2012. As can be seen by my review of The Son of Neptune, I can't wait to see the next installment of the Roman/Greek Mythology mix.  It's going to be funny and action-packed and can it seriously just be released now?! (No cover art released yet.)


6.  The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith. Release Date: January 2 (and yes, I'm still counting this on the list because as I type, I don't have it in my hands!).  I've heard such good things about this book, it's making me want it more!  It sounds like something right up my alley. Chance meeting? British boys? England? Second chances? Love it. So excited.

7.  Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins. Release Date: Fall 2012.  Because Lola and the Boy Next Door is possibly my most favourite YA book ever, Stephanie Perkins knows how to yank my heart so horrifically well.  (No cover art released.)

8. Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley. Release Date: February 14.  Also another book I've heard great things about, I've had a ridiculous obsession with street art since one of my student's opened my eyes to its potential and value a few years ago. I also recently watched Exit Through the Gift Shop, a documentary by Banksy, perhaps one of the most famous street artists ever, and this book sounds like it combines this interest with the perfect amount of Young Adult themes.

9. The Diviners by Libba Bray. Release Date: November 1. As soon as I heard the premise of this book, I knew it was going to go to the top of my queue. If anyone can do historical fiction, it's Libba Bray. Her writing is some of the most original I've ever had the pleasure to read, and I've loved all her books so far. (No cover art released.)

10. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, Book 2 by Michelle Hodkin. Release Date: Christmas 2012 (I think?) I might ostracize myself in the Book Blog world with this, but I am seriously not sure how I feel about the first Mara Dyer book. I got annoyed quite a bit, I was frustrated and impatient and kind of wanted to hit Mara over the top of her head a lot. BUT...even now, 2 months after I read it, I'm still thinking about it and what's going to happen! Which is why I cannot wait for Book 2: not because I loved the first, but because I. HAVE. TO. KNOW.

What books are you excited for this year?

4 comments:

  1. stopping by to see whatcha got on your list. Hope you get to read each one. Happy Reading in 212
    http://sidnereviewz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ashley I can't wait to read City of lost souls and Clockwork Princess!! :) :) Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list. I can't wait to read Mara Dyer #2, but it is another great upcoming release that is not on my list.

    -FABR Steph@FiveAlarmBookReviews
    My Top Ten...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great top ten!!! City of Lost Souls, Isla & The Probability of Love at First Sight made my top ten as well! I'm definitely looking forward to Clockwork Princess as well though! :)

    My Top Ten: http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-im.html

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!