Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Take A Bow by Elizabeth Eulberg

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine, a weekly meme
meant to spotlight upcoming releases we're excited for.


Take A Bow by Elizabeth Eulberg
Point/Scholastic, 288 pages

US Release: April 1, 2012

From the fantastic author of The Lonely Hearts Club and Prom & Prejudice comes a story of all the drama and comedy of four friends who grow into themselves at a performing arts high school.

Emme, Sophie, Ethan, and Carter are seniors at a performing arts school, getting ready for their Senior Showcase recital, where the pressure is on to appeal to colleges, dance academies, and professionals in show business. For Sophie, a singer, it's been great to be friends with Emme, who composes songs for her, and to date Carter, soap opera heartthrob who gets plenty of press coverage. Emme and Ethan have been in a band together through all four years of school, but wonder if they could be more than just friends and bandmates. Carter has been acting since he was a baby, and isn't sure how to admit that he'd rather paint than perform. The Senior Showcase is going to make or break each of the four, in a funny, touching, spectacular finale that only Elizabeth Eulberg could perform.

-------Goodreads summary

Doesn't this book sound fabulous?! I love novels that focus on a group, and that this is mixed boys and girls?! I love it. Performance arts schools are always so fascinating as well with such a different environment from my high school - plus, in college I lived with several drama kids so I know some of the weird quirks and monumental pressures they have from professional standpoints. I can't wait to get my hands on this! (Also, how stunning is that cover?!)

What book are you eagerly anticipating? Leave a link and I'll come check it out!
And of course if you follow, I'd love to follow back!

7 comments:

  1. I like the cover a lot! The book sounds pretty good!! I've noticed you're are Sloppy Firsts. How's it so far?? ^_^

    Thank you for sharing it! Great pick!

    New follower! YAY!!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does sound good. I read a book last year about a group of friends at a college for the dramatic arts that you might enjoy called Lucky Break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick, I will have to look for this one when it comes out. Have fun reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pick, sounds really good.


    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/02/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds great! I haven't read any of Elizabeth Eulberg's books, but I've heard they're wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read Prom and Prejudice by Eulberg and I enjoyed it.
    I really like the cover of this one.
    April seems far away!

    Thanks for dropping by and becoming a follower.

    Nick @ Nick's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choice! This sounds really good. I haven't heard of it yet but will definitely check it out!

    Thanks for stopping by!
    Also new follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!