Thursday, February 2, 2012

Book Blogger Love-A-Thon


Katelyn had the brilliant idea of spreading love beyond just our significant other or friends during this February: a Book Blogger Love-A-Thon! Basically, an entire day devoted to showing fellow book bloggers tons of love!  Via their blog, twitter, Facebook, absolutely any avenue.  How fabulous is that?! I've only been a book blogger for 5 weeks (January 1 was my "official" launch of the blog) and already I'm blown away by this community. It is seriously the most accepting and friendly group I've ever had the pleasure and honor to be a part of - so I'm definitely looking forward to having a day giving my thanks to the book bloggers I love and finding more amazing ones, too!

Here's some direct info from her post:

Who: Anyone and everyone can sign up just as long as you remember to keep it friendly! I would like it if you had a place to post stuff so having a blog is required (I don’t think anyone without a blog would try to sign up for a Blog Love-A-Thon but sometimes you can never be too careful!)
What: A Blogger Love-A-Thon! This will be a day full of commenting on blogs, following blogs, tweeting about blogs, thanking blogs, sharing the word about awesome blogs, telling another blogger how freaking awesome they are, the list goes on and on. Basically it will consist of fun posts, mini challenges, lots of commenting, and perhaps a giveaway or two! I do not have a full schedule completely detailed out yet but I will be e-mailing it to everyone who hopes to participate. Since I am a simple person and like to keep things that way, it will most likely be a fairly easy-to-follow schedule!
When: February 17th 2012 at 12:00 a.m. EST until February 18th 2012 at 12: a.m. EST. I understand that life gets in the way which is why I am not putting in major time restrictions on how long you have to actually be participating! If you can only do it for 12 hours, then do it for those 12 hours!
Where: Twitter, blogs, Facebook! All of your posts will be on your blog but OF COURSE links are welcomed on Twitter and Facebook!
Why: I doubt any of you were asking this question but just in case, it is because there are SO MANY book bloggers that I love! I want to take this opportunity to tell them how much I appreciate all the time and energy they put into their blogs. I know this is hard work and we have all had that moment of feeling like “is there anyone even paying attention to what I’m saying?”  I just really hope that a day like this will be good to lift the spirits of book bloggers everywhere! (There I go sounding all cheesy! I am sure I’ll be regretting my wording in about 2 hours but oh well, it gets the point across!)

If you're interested in participating (and I sure hope so!), head over to her post here and read how to submit your link.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for such a fabulous post! I am so glad you decided to join the event and am even happier that you've enjoyed your time with the book blogging community so far!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a wonderful day <3
***This blog should NEVER have a security captcha - please let me know if you encounter it and I will fix ASAP. Thank you!